Gluten Free

7 minutes ago, Mondas42 said:

1) Should be inform RCI before we travel that she is GF and if so whom do we inform?

No, the ship is pretty well prepared for Gluten Free.  You can let your wait staff know once onboard, but I think you will find some good choices off the bat that are gluten free.

Don't be afraid to ask for additional options if your wife finds it limiting.

7 minutes ago, Mondas42 said:

2) Will she be limited in which restaurants she can enjoy? We have a 3 night Dinner package, will the upcharge restaurants be able to cater for GF?

Yes, in general they are very accommodating to GF.  Just let your waiter know.  I would definitely still try the restaurants out.

31 minutes ago, Mondas42 said:

Hi all

my wife is gluten free and has two questions.

1) Should be inform RCI before we travel that she is GF and if so whom do we inform?

2) Will she be limited in which restaurants she can enjoy? We have a 3 night Dinner package, will the upcharge restaurants be able to cater for GF?

thanks

Martin

My wife is gluten free as well and we have found the wait staff very accommodating on RCI. It does help if you know where you are dining the next night it is possible to ask to see the following nights menu and pre-order, otherwise it can sometimes take a little longer to get your meal. Also of note, the Windjammer on the Oasis had a large gluten free section with a great variety. I'm not sure if they have it on all Oasis class ships but it was not available on Adventure.

RCI is great with gluten allergies. The night before we stopped at Cococay our waiter in the MDL asked if we were going ashore the next day. We answered affirmatively and he made sure that there was a gf bun on the island with her name on it. We just talked to the guy behind the buffet and he not only got the bun but grilled her a fresh patty on a dedicated grill, just for her. She got the freshest patty on the island!

23 hours ago, Mondas42 said:

Hi all

my wife is gluten free and has two questions.

thanks

Martin

My wife and son are both gluten intolerant. RCL is probably one of the best vacation options for someone with a gluten intolerance. Like Disney, they have a lot of GF options, they just might not be readily in the open - don't be afraid to ask wait staff or store clerks. Sorrento's even has GF pizza as an option (disclaimer: they bake it fresh every time so it takes longer).

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Kimberly215 said:

Did anybody get the name or brand of the MOST delicious sandwich bread that RC uses?  I want a case!!  No complaints about GF foods!!!!  Yes, I know Uds’s has sandwich bread, however, this was super delicious!  

GFBREAD.thumb.JPG.662944d892e2c16635252af68f38b668.JPG

This was posted on a Cruise Critic post looking for the same thing...some folks stated they had Udi's, though.  It may depend on who is their supplier.