HALLOWEEN EVENTS ON CRUISES

Hello everyone, does anyone know if there are events or if many passengers dress up, we have 4 couples crusing on Oct 27-Nov 3 on the Liberty. 

Being I am quite the planner, I am keeping an eye out for everyone.  Also two of the couples we have been on quite a few RC cruises and two couples are newbies.

Any information will be greatly appreciated

With Liberty being a ship with a Promenade expect to see some type of costume parade. Events can vary depending on ship. Back in 2017 on Oasis I only recall one major event, the parade. Still it was a blast seeing everyone dressed up. Even some of the crew members in the various bars got in the spirit.

With the parade anyone could participate, just had to sign up. On Freedom you just had show up prior to the parade in one of the lounges.

Overall it can be one crazy night.

2 hours ago, Snowboardmom said:

Hello everyone, does anyone know if there are events or if many passengers dress up, we have 4 couples crusing on Oct 27-Nov 3 on the Liberty. 

Being I am quite the planner, I am keeping an eye out for everyone.  Also two of the couples we have been on quite a few RC cruises and two couples are newbies.

We were on Liberty back in 2015 (10-night cruise through Halloween back when it was based out of Cape Liberty, pre-Anthem)... it was awesome!

They did have a big costume parade (anyone can participate) through the Royal Promenade on Halloween among other events they ran throughout the ship. They also asked for a group of volunteers to learn the Thriller dance and they practiced up on the pool deck for a couple of days and performed it on Halloween.

Have a good time!  ?

Here's one pic from when they were learning the Thriller dance... I have to see if I can find the rest of them!

DSC_0007.JPGN

Not Halloween themed, same cruise, but just a neat pic of Liberty and Independence docked in St. Maarten back then!

Just one of the many little things that excite me about cruising!

DSC_0295.thumb.JPG.1fb1f108ad0315befaefc03389cb26f9.JPG

• 3 years later...

Have been on 2 Halloween cruises before, once on Harmony in the caribbean. Lots of people in costume, lots of decorations, a dance party in the promenade, incl. balloon drop and a walk-through haunted house in Boleros. Lots of scary cakes and dessert in Windjammer, they all looked amazing.

Then, in 2019 we were on Spectrum out of Shanghai. Seeing that 80% of passengers were locals which disappeared from the public areas after dinner (no idea where they went) and the rest was mostly Americans and lots of them in costumes. There were some decorations on the Esplanade, also themed cakes in the Windjammer and a fun halloween dance party and costume competition in 270°, incl. a cool animated Halloween-themed backdrop projection.

On Oct. 30 we board Wonder of the Seas and look forward to the Halloween festivities as well and this time we will also bring costumes. I told my friend who join us that costumes are the mandatory dresscode on Oct. 31 🙂 

On 10/2/2022 at 4:25 PM, David Allan said:

Will harmony of the sea have a custom party for Halloween  on the cruise leaving on the 23rd to the 30 2022. Thank you

Probably not, I’ve only seen Halloween festivities on the 31st.

You wake up on the 31st and poof, there’s decorations. Wake up Nov 1 and poof they are gone.

same with St Patrick’s and Easter

• 6 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 2:04 AM, Brandis said:

Have been on 2 Halloween cruises before, once on Harmony in the caribbean. Lots of people in costume, lots of decorations, a dance party in the promenade, incl. balloon drop and a walk-through haunted house in Boleros. Lots of scary cakes and dessert in Windjammer, they all looked amazing.

Then, in 2019 we were on Spectrum out of Shanghai. Seeing that 80% of passengers were locals which disappeared from the public areas after dinner (no idea where they went) and the rest was mostly Americans and lots of them in costumes. There were some decorations on the Esplanade, also themed cakes in the Windjammer and a fun halloween dance party and costume competition in 270°, incl. a cool animated Halloween-themed backdrop projection.

On Oct. 30 we board Wonder of the Seas and look forward to the Halloween festivities as well and this time we will also bring costumes. I told my friend who join us that costumes are the mandatory dresscode on Oct. 31 🙂 

On my cruise this year, Halloween is on Formal Night, Tuesday, October 31.

Do we get into costume AFTER dressing up for dinner, or can we go into Formal Night in costume?

I'm thinking that I need to get into costume AFTER dinner because on Formal Night, formal pics are taken and it seems a pity to waste my nice formal outfit!!! But I'd like ideas from y'all.

Thanks!!!

On 3/7/2019 at 2:44 PM, Snowboardmom said:

Oh wow, we will be getting off Liberty when you are boarding. We are on the 9 day Canada/NE cruise before.