Can I link reservations?

We had to book 2 rooms because of the number of guests. Both of these show up in our account under 'Upcoming cruises', but each room has individual cruise planners. I'd like to do things (for example, buying the beverage plan) one time, rather than doing it once for each reservation. I don't see any way to link the reservations so that all names show up when adding something to my cart. I did a search and have seen people say that it can be done, but didn't see anyone saying HOW it could be done.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

If you booked directly with RC, you have to call to link reservations. If you booked with a travel agent, they can do it.

Oh ok, guess I'll be giving them a call then. Is it only linked for certain things from that point on, or is it basically then viewed as one reservation?

You can book drink packages, dining packages, excursions, etc. via one cruise planner.  After selecting what you want it will ask if there are more people and you can then add the people in the other cabin.  We have done this many times.  You may also want to verify that the two cabins are linked for main dining.  You should be able to see that on the reservation documentation showing the other reservation number as linked for main dining.  If they are not and you booked through Royal then call them and get them linked.  If you booked through a travel agent call them to get the dining linked.

1 hour ago, Shari said:

You can book drink packages, dining packages, excursions, etc. via one cruise planner.  After selecting what you want it will ask if there are more people and you can then add the people in the other cabin.  We have done this many times.  You may also want to verify that the two cabins are linked for main dining.  You should be able to see that on the reservation documentation showing the other reservation number as linked for main dining.  If they are not and you booked through Royal then call them and get them linked.  If you booked through a travel agent call them to get the dining linked.

I called and had the reservations linked. It is only for dining and excursions. I am in the screen to purchase the Refreshments package, and don't see any way anywhere to add the people from the other cabin. Looks like I have to purchase it twice.

1 hour ago, Joe Stahl said:

I called and had the reservations linked. It is only for dining and excursions. I am in the screen to purchase the Refreshments package, and don't see any way anywhere to add the people from the other cabin. Looks like I have to purchase it twice.

Keep in mind the others have to link to you too.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Keep in mind the others have to link to you too.

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to the dining/excursions linking, or the linking to purchase packages through the website? There are no 'others', it is all me managing my family because our group of 6 was split into 2 reservations because I had to book 2 rooms. I can see both reservations under my account, and each one has a Cruise Planner link next to it, and only the names of the people associated with that reservation are available to be selected when purchasing packages. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Stahl said:

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to the dining/excursions linking, or the linking to purchase packages through the website? There are no 'others', it is all me managing my family because our group of 6 was split into 2 reservations because I had to book 2 rooms. I can see both reservations under my account, and each one has a Cruise Planner link next to it, and only the names of the people associated with that reservation are available to be selected when purchasing packages. 

I meant both reservations need to be linked to each other.  So reservation 1 needs to be linked to 2, and reservation 2 needs to be linked to 1.

Based on your description and the fact you see both ressies in Cruise Planner, I think that's set.

It's probably good that the beverage packages are on separate cruise planners (for people who don't want to all buy the Deluxe Package, for instance - one room can have it, the other can buy something else).  Seems that only things that need to be reserved (dining, entertainment,excursions) really NEED to be linked together so that everyone can go, and be seated, at the same time/place?

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It's probably good that the beverage packages are on separate cruise planners (for people who don't want to all buy the Deluxe Package, for instance - one room can have it, the other can buy something else).  Seems that only things that need to be reserved (dining, entertainment,excursions) really NEED to be linked together so that everyone can go, and be seated, at the same time/place?

It lets you pick which guests you are buying the package for, so it's not a matter of one room vs the other. No big deal, it was just a minor convenience to do it twice, and I was wondering if everything I booked would need to be twice.