Cabana at Columbus Cove

traveler1980

Those who have had a cabana on Labadee at Columbus Cove was it assigned to you upon arrival or were they preassigned or could you request location at guest services?  Are there better locations than others?  I don't want a bad location, but I also don't want to have to rush off the ship as we arrive at 7 am.  

My experience with the bungalow is that when you arrive you can chose your specific bungalow and it isn't assigned.  We've done it twice this way and can verify it again in 2 weeks.  There really isn't a bad bungalow location.  Some people like one end as it is closer to the food and others like the privacy towards the other end.  We've been one of the first off and had our first pick and it wasn't any better or worse than the time we were the 7th ones there.  We tend to go towards the middle.

Thank you very much for the replies.  I'm especially glad to hear that there isn't really a bad location.  When on vacation I really don't want to feel rushed to head off the ship.  We also have some medical limitations with physical activity for two hours after medication with our son so don't want him to feel like he'd have to be on the beach for two hours just sitting.  

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Tharper said:

Where do you reserve the cabanas or bungalows? They are not showing in the cruise planner yet for a 6/1 sailing.

Welcome to the message boards!

You can find cabanas, bungalows and beach beds in the cruise planner, under shore excursions for the day in Labadee.  

There are overwater cabanas and regular cabanas at Nellie's beach.  (Barefoot beach cabanas for suite guests do not always appear in the cruise planner).  Pricing may vary and items that have sold out may not be displayed at all.

195361520_NelliesOWCabanas.jpeg.5ef904829961fa7914931be77a1916d6.jpeg1530034346_NelliesCabana.jpeg.a045e15f6c120c68e6078f0acdc46543.jpeg

Columbus cove beach bungalows should also appear in the list of excursions:

1087547156_BeachBungalows.jpeg.ba1868c3e4838a87f78aadb708e3128b.jpeg

Adrenaline beach beds and beach loungers also appear in the list:

395528708_BeachBed.jpeg.ef1bebf996f2d58deda316e0312b74e0.jpeg1716067096_LabadeeBeachLoungers.jpeg.9b12f96f52e547f175b76cdacc115aac.jpeg

These screen shots were taken today during a sale for a cruise in December 2019.  

6 hours ago, Tharper said:

Where do you reserve the cabanas or bungalows? They are not showing in the cruise planner yet for a 6/1 sailing.

If you don't see them under Labadee shore excursions for a 6/1/19 sailing, then I think they could be sold out.  Usually I will see something that says "not available to book online, check onboard" if it is sold out and other times I may not see them at all.  If you really want one, go to the shore excursion desk first thing and ask if available and if not see if they have a wait list.

8 hours ago, Tharper said:

2 hours ago, melski94 said:

If you don't see them under Labadee shore excursions for a 6/1/19 sailing, then I think they could be sold out.  Usually I will see something that says "not available to book online, check onboard" if it is sold out and other times I may not see them at all.  If you really want one, go to the shore excursion desk first thing and ask if available and if not see if they have a wait list.

You can also send an email to shorex@rccl.com. In the subject line, put your confirmation #, ship name, and embarkation date. Then ask your question. They will get back with you, although not always the 36 hours that their auto response email the follows states. Last week I waited 72+ hours and sent my question in on Tuesday. FWIW, we are sailing on Oasis, March 22, Western Caribbean with a Labadee day. Currently, for Labadee, there are only 8 excursions listed while Cozumel lists 59. They responded that the "catalog has not been updated, yet."