Freedom of the Seas questions

12 hours ago, tonicole78 said:

Do the rooms have a clothesline, perhaps in the shower

Yes, there is and it is in the shower.

12 hours ago, tonicole78 said:

Is it difficult/expensive to get items pressed or steamed since steamers/irons aren’t allowed?

Not at all. You give it to your stateroom attendant and then can send it off to be pressed. Keep in mind there is a small charge per item for pressing. A lot cheaper than dry cleaning.

13 hours ago, tonicole78 said:

Is it difficult/expensive to get items pressed or steamed...

Not really. I do it that way every cruise. I just make sure my shirts are washed before I pack, then hand them over for pressing service as soon as I unpack them on the ship.

Tip: Paying for some laundry to be done on the ship often costs less than checking a second suitcase with an airline...twice (there and back)...and you don't have to drag around two suitcases.

We've always brought on a travel steamer. Legit didn't know steamers aren't allowed per their policy on the website. Last time they thought our steamer was an iron so we would up in the naughty room where they tried to confiscate it. Once they realized it was a steamer, they gave it back to us with no questions.

We pack one set of formal clothes then have them laundered and pressed, or just pressed between the dinners. For four people, that can mean one less suitcase. We also send off a bag to have washed and folded - on longer trip I think this is "complimentary" for Diamond Plus and above, and about $25.00 a bag otherwise, usually this pillowcase-sized bag can be sent off on day 3, returning on day 5. It also means I am not buying dressy clothes for two teenage boys that may wear the items one other time before they grow out of them.