A Great Idea

Hi Everyone. This Is My Great Idea 

Everyone Knows That Mariner And Navigator Do Three And Four Night Bahamas Cruise. Well If You Live Close To A Port Or Go On One Of These Ships A Lot. You Know That They Do The Same Itinerary Week After Week. Well It Got A Great Idea That The Ships Still Do Three And Four Night Cruise But Instead Of Just Doing Just Bahamas Four Night Cruise. Every Once And A Great While They Do These Itinerary.

1. PORT CANAVERAL

2. AT SEA

3. LABBDEE

4. AT SEA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. PORT CANAVERAL

2. AT SEA

3. COZUMEL

4.AT SEA  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If You Have Any Other Four Night Ideas Comment Down Below. 

Couple of years ago we did a 4 day cruise out of Tampa that went to Cozumel and back, I have to say that if they did have that option available more often we would definitely go there more often.  It was perfect,  we all enjoyed Cozumel much more than the Bahamas we really enjoyed the all inclusive resort that we went to as well.  We do not have a problem with the Bahamas we just wish that there were a few more destinations for the shorter cruises.  

I know it's a different ship, but we're going on a 4-night on Vision from Miami to Cozumel and back in October.  The two sea days is what really sold us on this itinerary.  We really like sea days.  We had a 3-night on Mariner all set to book then came across the one to Cozumel.

In my (limited) research,  it seems like the Bahamas are almost over-visited.  I suspect Cozumel is just as heavily visited, but it feels more remote to me due to being further away.

I'd like to see other options for 3-4 night cruises as well.

November 2020 Oasis has a Ft Lauderdale, At sea, Labadee, at sea, Ft Lauderdale. Been wanting something like that for a while now.

Ideally I'd love this itinerary:

Day 1: Port Canaveral

Day 2: At sea

Day 3: At sea

Day 4: At sea

Day 5: Port Canaveral

?

They're really missing out on marketing a "Cruise to Nowhere!" opportunity

14 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Personally, I wish they did Key West & Coco Cay as an alternative to Nassau & Coco Cay.

I absolutely have to agree!  I have never been to Key West, and we absolutely LOVE CocoCay if they did that itinerary and did it at a reasonable price I would do it in a HEARTBEAT, especially if they did it on a 4 or 5 day cruise! 

Key West is fun, I highly recommend it, but I'm torn about taking a cruise there since I can drive there & they seldom stay past 5pm or so, which misses all the night life.

Since we usually sail out of Canaveral I've just come to accept that "no matter where you want to go, you're stopping in Nassau."  Although it's really just an extra hour in the car to get over to Tampa for the Key West/Cozumel runs, but then you start getting into 5-day territory which burns up more vacation days, and start thinking "well, if I'm going to burn 5 vacation days, I might as well make a full week out of it" aaaand you wind up eyeing that 7 day that hits Belize or the Caymans, so let's splurge on a suite. . . and it just spirals downhill from there.  I've probably booked or been on the brink of booking that cruise at least 20 times now. ?

18 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Hi Everyone. This Is My Great Idea 

Everyone Knows That Mariner And Navigator Do Three And Four Night Bahamas Cruise. Well If You Live Close To A Port Or Go On One Of These Ships A Lot. You Know That They Do The Same Itinerary Week After Week. Well It Got A Great Idea That The Ships Still Do Three And Four Night Cruise But Instead Of Just Doing Just Bahamas Four Night Cruise. Every Once And A Great While They Do These Itinerary.

1. PORT CANAVERAL

2. AT SEA

3. LABBDEE

4. AT SEA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. PORT CANAVERAL

2. AT SEA

3. COZUMEL

4.AT SEA  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If You Have Any Other Four Night Ideas Comment Down Below. 

I'd love to see some other itineraries as well. I'd love it if they did 2 different itineraries so that B2B short cruises would visit different ports. I'd love to cruise the recently amped up ships but short cruises aren't really worth it to me when I have to fly across the continent to Florida (from Vancouver).

I would like the 4 night itinerary that went to just Labadee.

When we did the Mariner on December, we only got off at CocoCay anyway.  

I'm also missing Key West on the 4 nighters. The problem is that Voyager Class are just a bit too large to sail there, and now Navigator and Mariner have taken over the short Bahamas cruises. 

4 hours ago, b_resh_uh said:

They're really missing out on marketing a "Cruise to Nowhere!" opportunity

Cruise to Nowhere stopped a few years ago. Wasn't a corporate decision but rather a worker visa issue. For the visas to be valid a stop had to be made in a foreign port.

Hence the reason Navigator had to make a technical stop in Nassau during the media sailing @Matt was on.

14 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Cruise to Nowhere stopped a few years ago. Wasn't a corporate decision but rather a worker visa issue. For the visas to be valid a stop had to be made in a foreign port.

Hence the reason Navigator had to make a technical stop in Nassau during the media sailing @Matt was on.

Wait, this was actually a thing??

On 3/6/2019 at 9:26 PM, Zambia-Zaire said:

Personally, I wish they did Key West & Coco Cay as an alternative to Nassau & Coco Cay.

We did a 4 night on Enchantment about 2 1/2 yrs ago.  We went to Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West.  I want to say our sea day was between Coco Cay and Key West.  I loved that cruise for 1 reason.  We were able to do all of the excursions we wanted bc they were offered at multiple ports.

I love Key West, such a great walking town, and you have to love the chickens everywhere, acting like as if they owned the town and putting up with us humans invading their space. 

We went to the Blue Heaven in Key West.  What a great place to eat. Def. order the Key Lime pie if you go there.  I swear the pie slice has to be at  least 6 inches tall.  All of the food portions were huge.  The ambiance is amazing too.  The bar is an old boat upside down so the bottom of the boat is the bar itself. They also had a psychic off on the side from the bar.  The restaurant/patio area feels like you are at a funky friends home, mismatched chairs, obscure paintings, exotic plants, etc.  Fun, fun, fun.

My husband and I laughed because of course in Key West you have to visit the southern point marker.  We walked down there and see a line of maybe 100 people waiting to get a photo shot at the marker.  We looked at each other and said at the exact same time. OK, saw the marker, been there, done that, let's go to Fat Tuesday for some drinks!  

I will say that you can tell Key West is a tourist town when you go shopping.  Very artisanal, but also very expensive for the products offered impo.  I can buy handmade soap on Amazon, same quality, but 50% less in price. 

FYI I think we docked at 10 or 11.  I recall that because we went to Blue Heaven for brunch.  We sailed @ 6, bc I remember that our MTD was 6:30 and we were sailing out of port while we were getting ready for dinner.  Plus, I have pics of us on the pool deck overlooking the port and in the background the sun was setting (Nov. cruise)

Honestly my only negative from this cruise is Enchantment was just too small for our tastes.  I would never sail on Enchantment again due to its' size and nightly entertainment options. 

No it was 4 nights. 

We left Miami at 4 or so. 

Got to Nassau the next a.m.   That would make it day 2, but only 1 night

We than went to Coco Cay. Again we docked early.  Day 3, 2nd night.

Day 4, 3rd night we sailed to Key West.  Sea day.

Day 5 , Key West.   We sailed that 4th night back to Miami and arrived back to the port by 7-8 a.m.

Hence, it was 4 nights.    

54 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

No it was 4 nights. 

We left Miami at 4 or so. 

Got to Nassau the next a.m.   That would make it day 2, but only 1 night

We than went to Coco Cay. Again we docked early.  Day 3, 2nd night.

Day 4, 3rd night we sailed to Key West.  Sea day.

Day 5 , Key West.   We sailed that 4th night back to Miami and arrived back to the port by 7-8 a.m.

Hence, it was 4 nights.    

huh I am confused. 

Miami - Nassau - CocoCay - Sea day - Key West - Miami     

I count 5 nights..lol  sorry if I am not understanding it correctly..

3 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Coco Cay to Key West 3rd night .  Sea day.

ohhh I was too confused and curious I had to look up cruise compass.. and it was 4 night cruise indeed but no Sea Day.

Day 1        Day 2         Day 3          Day 4             Day 5

Miami    Nassau     Coco Cay    Kew West       Miami

2 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

ohhh I was too confused and curious I had to look up cruise compass.. and it was 4 night cruise indeed but no Sea Day.

Day 1        Day 2         Day 3          Day 4             Day 5

Miami    Nassau     Coco Cay    Kew West       Miami

I guess I am wrong and my memory failed me.  Back on topic. Royal does indeed do a Coco Cay and Key West cruise 4 nights out of Florida.  I did it, but ...Enchantment might not be your cup of tea.  I view Enchantment like Lady G. It does not have the bells and whistles.  No water slides, limited specialty restaurants, it is a small ship. 

I liked it because it was port intensive, just like Lady G compared to the Anthem or Adventure when it comes to the Caribbean. I liked the Anthem more because there were more passengers and options, such as I Fly and North Star.  Hoping Adventure will be the perfect fit...mini golf, ice skating, flow rider, etc.

21 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Hey I Thought The Navigator  Went To Coco Cay On The Shakedown Cruise . Heres Some Photos To Prove It.

Here A Shot Of The Tender At Coco Cay And A Vision Class Ship.  (Photo From The B ROLL FOOTAGE

1923747743_CocoNav.thumb.JPG.d734fdbca397c1ee06580611d423150a.JPG

1 hour ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Hey I Thought The Navigator  Went To Coco Cay On The Shakedown Cruise . Heres Some Photos To Prove It.

Here A Shot Of The Tender At Coco Cay And A Vision Class Ship.  (Photo From The B ROLL FOOTAGE

1923747743_CocoNav.thumb.JPG.d734fdbca397c1ee06580611d423150a.JPG

Could be a "my bad" on where the stop was. Thought I heard it was a brief stop in Nassau.

• 5 weeks later...

Was able to talk the wife on doing a 4 day out of Tampa on Brilliance this December, I love Cozumel and yes it is the exact same cruise we did a few years ago but we both know that we will enjoy it.  I really wish that we could leave Tampa and head to Key West and then on to Cozumel, but I am not complaining one bit!  

1 minute ago, bhageerah said:

OMG, we just were saying this a few days ago, how about they just skip Nassau completely and stay in CocoCay for those two days?  That would be one cruise that I would sign up for REAL fast!  

If you think once South Beach's Coco Beach Club is open, between that and the waterpark, you can easily fill 2 days  :)  And with the restaurant at the beach club...you go there for dinner  :)