Deluxe Beverage Package cheaper than Black Friday

3 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Yes! ?

It's now $46 for our Allure sailing on 5/19/19... just cancelled and repurchased!

It is usually $52 for our sailing... first purchased it during last CP sale at $49... woo hoo!

We are on this sailing also and got the $46 deal tonight.  None of other 5 cruises my family has booked is any cheaper though.  A recent Allure cruise the package went down to about $39 the week before.  I don't think we will be that lucky.

16 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Yes! ?

It's now $46 for our Allure sailing on 5/19/19... just cancelled and repurchased!

It is usually $52 for our sailing... first purchased it during last CP sale at $49... woo hoo!

I'm on the same sailing. Booked last week for $49, cancelling and repurchasing now. On hold with them since cruise planner is messed up on all browsers right now. Hope I didn't miss a better deal!

12 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Can't wait until my next Star Class then I don't have to worry about it.

What a great Star Class attitude !  I know it's a total mind game (one that RC LOVES, I'm sure) but it's very true.  I look at the prices for the dining packages and drink packages EVERY day on the SC cruises I have booked and then I just say to myself  "I don't have to worry about that !".   

13 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

If only i could get into mine to see if they are cheaper ? Darn website is non co-operative 

I was having the same issue.... Try clearing your cache/cookies, try a private/incognito window, or try a new browser. I called to book and apparently I had something in my cart causing an error.

It was a five minute hold, but I would recommend calling since it seems prices have dropped on a lot recently.

2 hours ago, b_resh_uh said:

I was having the same issue.... Try clearing your cache/cookies, try a private/incognito window, or try a new browser. I called to book and apparently I had something in my cart causing an error.

It was a five minute hold, but I would recommend calling since it seems prices have dropped on a lot recently.

Tried all the options but calling ..... may have to try that one 

I found a savings !!  YIPPEE !!  The DBP is being offered on my Freedom April 28 cruise for $44.  I had previously paid $47 so I cancelled the $47 package and purchased the $44 package.  When I checked earlier this morning I could not get to the Cruise Planner for this cruise so I didn't know until just a little while ago that the DBP was actually "on sale".'

YIPPEE !!!!!

The Deals on Deck sale runs between March 7 and March 11, 2019 and is valid on sailings between March 13, 2019 - September 30, 2019.

Royal Caribbean states guests can expect to find discounts on:

• Beverage Packages: Up to 30% off on select sailings
    • Deluxe Beverage Package + VOOM Surf & Stream 1 Device: Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
    • Deluxe Beverage Package: Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
    • Refreshment Package: 30% off onboard prices. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
  • Save up to 25% on select shore excursions. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
  • Internet
    • VOOM Surf + Stream Voyage Package 1, 2, 3, 4 Device(s): Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
    • VOOM Surf Voyage Package 1, 2, 3, 4 Device(s): Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings)
  • Dining Packages
    • 3 Night Dining Package.  Discount varies by ship. (Excludes MA, MJ, QN, OA Interporting + Master Sailings and Charter Sailings).
    • 3 Night, 4 Night and 5 Night Ultimate Dining Package. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Adventure, Allure, Explorer,Freedom, Harmony, Liberty, Majesty, Oasis, Ovation, Quantum, Rhapsody and Charter Sailings).
  • Activities: Up to 10% off on select sailings
    • All Access Ship Tour: 10% off. (Excludes Charter Sailings)

We're going on a 14 Night TA on Oasis (April 21-May 5), and the price is really good right now ($44), but I'm balking at purchasing just because 2x14x$44 is a hefty amount.  Any feedback on purchasing the DBP for a longer (i.e., 14+ nights) cruise?

8 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

Any feedback on purchasing the DBP for a longer (i.e., 14+ nights) cruise?

I purchased both the UDP and the DBP on our Christmas/NY cruise on Grandeur last year (12 nights) and honestly, I don't think I would do it again.  As much as I love the specialty restaurants, how many times can you go to Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi (nobody's talking to you, Matt ?) for lunch and dinner with 6 sea days ?  The drinks package was pretty much the same way.  After a week or so, I basically used the drink package for canned Cokes only.

There is a scenario where you can wait a few days and purchase the UDP later in the cruise.  But typically most people do their heaviest "partying" at the beginning of the cruise so if you are one of THOSE people then you probably wouldn't want to wait.  Unfortunately, there is no way to buy it early and cut it off for the last days of the cruise....

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I purchased both the UDP and the DBP on our Christmas/NY cruise on Grandeur last year (12 nights) and honestly, I don't think I would do it again.  As much as I love the specialty restaurants, how many times can you go to Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi (nobody's talking to you, Matt ?) for lunch and dinner with 6 sea days ?  The drinks package was pretty much the same way.  After a week or so, I basically used the drink package for canned Cokes only.

There is a scenario where you can wait a few days and purchase the UDP later in the cruise.  But typically most people do their heaviest "partying" at the beginning of the cruise so if you are one of THOSE people then you probably wouldn't want to wait.  Unfortunately, there is no way to buy it early and cut it off for the last days of the cruise....

I'm struggling with the same thing for the Anthem GC, and it is only 9 nights, there is really only 5 restaurants plus the MDR, so we will be eating at some of them 2 times at least. I bought the deluxe drink package, but I'm not positive we will get the full benefit.

5 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I'm struggling with the same thing for the Anthem GC, and it is only 9 nights, there is really only 5 restaurants plus the MDR, so we will be eating at some of them 2 times at least. I bought the deluxe drink package, but I'm not positive we will get the full benefit.

Well...now the other side of my split personality will come out...and say that often (lately) it has been more about having options than $$value for me.  I am absolutely, 100% positive that the drinks package is NOT a financial "win" for me.  I am not much of a drinker to begin with and as the cruise goes on I am normally even less interested in drinking BUT when I have the DBP I know that I CAN drink anything that I want at any time so I find some kind of twisted satisfaction in that.  The same is true of the dining package.  I like to have the  OPTION of eating anywhere I want and I blame Star Class for this.  I will call this SCES (Star Class Entitlement Syndrome).

5 hours ago, nanowerx said:

My June Harmony cruise has been bouncing between $52 & $56. I am at least waiting until it dips down into the upper 40s before I jump....if it ever does!

Same month, ship and plan as me!     I’m Diamond now so I have been contemplating even buying but if it hits an number in the forties I’m buying 

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Well...now the other side of my split personality will come out...and say that often (lately) it has been more about having options than $$value for me.  I am absolutely, 100% positive that the drinks package is NOT a financial "win" for me.  I am not much of a drinker to begin with and as the cruise goes on I am normally even less interested in drinking BUT when I have the DBP I know that I CAN drink anything that I want at any time so I find some kind of twisted satisfaction in that.  The same is true of the dining package.  I like to have the  OPTION of eating anywhere I want and I blame Star Class for this.  I will call this SCES (Star Class Entitlement Syndrome).

That was kinda my logic when I got my MIL the Refreshment Package vs just putting some credit on her SeaPass.  She doesn't drink alcohol at all (she will have one drink once in a blue moon and then she's good for a couple months, lol), but I wanted her to have free reign of any sodas, blended drinks, coffee drinks, whatever she felt like.  It wound up being $72 or so, and I know she didn't get anywhere near $72 worth of beverages.  But if I hadn't gotten her the package, she would've stuck to the free water, tea and lemonade because she'd worry about chipping away at the set budget and the whole point of the trip was to make sure she didn't have a care in the world.

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The drink package for my December Navigator cruise is $52 today.  It was $52 yesterday. And it was $52 when we booked 2 weeks ago. And all of the days in between (yep, I check every day).  Still hoping that it will budge at SOME point.

I'm sure it will, you've got plenty of time.  I'm still looking at $56 in October, but I expect I'll get it for $45ish eventually.

45 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The drink package for my December Navigator cruise is $52 today.  It was $52 yesterday. And it was $52 when we booked 2 weeks ago. And all of the days in between (yep, I check every day).  Still hoping that it will budge at SOME point.

WTH!!?? my December cruise on Indy is $56!!???

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The main reason I bought both, so decision making is much easier.

Want a drink, no problem, want a steak, no problem, and so on and so forth.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

You're lucky !  You will have Black Friday in there before you have to go so you will DEFINITELY get some kind of sale prior to sailing.  

March 24th Allure has been pegged at $44 for several weeks now.  I wonder if they're struggling to get people to pre-purchase it for that cruise.  Considering that it's a spring break cruise for a LOT of the country, I wouldn't be surprised.  My fingers are crossed that they'll have the drink cards out early for the cruise.

... May be a stupid question... I apologize in advance!

This is the first time we're getting the deluxe package... does it also include other major types/brands of liquor like Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua, Disaronno Amaretto, Southern Comfort, etc., or limited strictly to the types listed in the description (vodka, gin, rum, tequila, cognac, whiskey, beer, wine, etc.)? Thanks!

I know for a fact it does include Amaretto, and Sambuca.  My husband and I like to have cappuccino or espresso after dinner (a sin in Italy) and we order a side shot of either one of those with them.  Never had to pay.   I also have had mudslides,  B52 and a brain, and never been charged, all of them include at least Baileys.

PS.  I don't suggest ordering a brain.  It is a shot, and impo ick!   Basically it is vodka, grenadine and baileys.  When they pour in the baileys into the vodka it coagulates and looks like a brain, than they drizzle grenadine to resemble the blood around the brain.  

9 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

... May be a stupid question... I apologize in advance!

This is the first time we're getting the deluxe package... does it also include other major types/brands of liquor like Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua, Disaronno Amaretto, Southern Comfort, etc., or limited strictly to the types listed in the description (vodka, gin, rum, tequila, cognac, whiskey, beer, wine, etc.)? Thanks!

Not a stupid question at all.

I have never been charged [extra] for any liquor that I ever asked for in any drink I have ever ordered. I love Amaretto and I use it in a lot of different drinks (try and pina colada and mud slide made with Amaretto !).  Now....Dan drinks single malt scotches (yuk !) and sometimes he will ask for a high end scotch that he will have to pay extra for but sometimes even these are not charged.  So, unless you are drinking something VERY exotic I think you can expect to have it included in the DDP.

The only problem I have ever had is that sometimes the bar that I am at does not have a blender and then cannot make the frozen drinks...but that is a function of mechanical limitations and not a restriction on the liquors or ingredients.

Truly, I don't know why they even bother with listing what is included in the DDP since it is so incomplete and it only serves to confuse people.

I always cruise at either winter break or Easter break, and I have always paid less than $50 for the DBP.  I am sailing on Adventure over Easter this year and it has been at $44 for the past few weeks.  I originally bought it on either Black Friday or Cyber Monday for $47 a day, but then I cancelled and re-bought it a few weeks ago with voom included for $53 a day, which I thought was a great deal.  I would be annoyed if I couldn't get the DBP for under $50, not that it would stop me ?  

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Dan drinks single malt scotches (yuk !)

+1... Yuk

I would rather drink listerine!

I also like Frangelico, hazelnut flavor.  Try a Frangelico Martini or a chocolate cake shot.

Chocolate cake shot is Frangelico, any chocolate liqueur (IE Godiva) and vanilla vodka shaken with a few ice cubes.  I know you love red velvet cake, so you may want to experiment and see if Chambord works better for you than Frangelico.

@JohnK6404

as you can see,  specialty liquors like Baileys or Amaretto are included, now you may have to pay an upcharge if you go really fancy, but the up charge is only the difference from the DPB coverage and the charge for the drink.

IE you go to Coco Cay and purchase 1 of their drinks in a pineapple.  It costs 13.  DPB is 12.  You will pay 1 dollar plus the 18% grat on that 1 dollar. IOWs, it will cost 1.18 out of pocket.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:20 PM, IRMO12HD said:

We're going on a 14 Night TA on Oasis (April 21-May 5), and the price is really good right now ($44), but I'm balking at purchasing just because 2x14x$44 is a hefty amount.  Any feedback on purchasing the DBP for a longer (i.e., 14+ nights) cruise?

We are doing a 12 night med/Greek this summer and I’m balking at the price for two of us.  I might come close but hubby wouldn’t.  What we will likely do is bring on the two bottles of wine, and either buy the drink pkg for days 5-12 (and hope the savings on the first 4 days outweigh what we spend extra on buying aboard vs pre-purchase) or else hope for a drink card to arrive!  Jane