Royal Up and The Key

So I got the Royal Up email today also for my sailing aboard Liberty in May.  I am currently in a Spacious Oceanview Balcony on deck 10.  Since we are new cruisers and were only in a balcony room we also opted in for The Key.  Now, I am seriously considering to bid in for a Grand Suite and/or a Junior Suite.  If we get the bid for the Junior Suite then we would keep The Key since that category of cabins do not offer the VIP Light package that The Key offers.  If we, by some miracle, get accepted for the Grand Suite, The Key is not really worth it anymore.  And as of today there was cabins available in both the junior and grand suite category.  I know that I can cancel any time up to 2 days before sailing, but I cannot cancel The Key within 6 days of the sailing.  I wonder if RCCL would let me cancel The Key if I Royal Up to a Grand Suite?  

And speaking of Grand Suites, is there a Voom package included with a GS cabin?

41 minutes ago, Mathew Jones said:

Only on the O and Q class ships.

Cannot answer your other question, the Key and Royal Up are to new to fully understand all of the in and outs.

If you do bid and win, make sure and let us know.

41 minutes ago, Mathew Jones said:

So I got the Royal Up email today also for my sailing aboard Liberty in May.  I am currently in a Spacious Oceanview Balcony on deck 10.  Since we are new cruisers and were only in a balcony room we also opted in for The Key.  Now, I am seriously considering to bid in for a Grand Suite and/or a Junior Suite.  If we get the bid for the Junior Suite then we would keep The Key since that category of cabins do not offer the VIP Light package that The Key offers.  If we, by some miracle, get accepted for the Grand Suite, The Key is not really worth it anymore.  And as of today there was cabins available in both the junior and grand suite category.  I know that I can cancel any time up to 2 days before sailing, but I cannot cancel The Key within 6 days of the sailing.  I wonder if RCCL would let me cancel The Key if I Royal Up to a Grand Suite?  

Let me answer the easy one first.  On Liberty, no Voom package included as a suite perk.  Only on ships that have the Royal Suites Program (Quantum and Oasis class ships) is Voom included (Sky and/or Star Class).

As for the question about cancelling The Key...actually, yours is the first post I have read indicating that you cannot cancel The Key within 6 days of sailing. That's very interesting.  Had not read that before.  I really would have no idea whether they would let you cancel last minute but since you say that it cannot be cancelled within 6 days of the cruise, my guess is that they would stick to this limitation. While I know that it's POSSIBLE that you would not know about any RoyalUp bid acceptance until the last few days prior to the cruise, I think that the majority of people are being notified before that.  I know that the rejection emails on RoyalUp bids do not come until the very last minute but I think acceptances are usually well in advance of the cruise except in some very rare circumstances.  Not sure what to advise you to do here....