Confused about the UK RCI site?

Hi all

looking at cruises for next year, specifically ones that straddle the 4th June as it’s my 50th (gulp).  Currently RCI in the UK is supposed to have a offer where you get the second person for half price, free gratuities and WiFi. However when I try to get a price, it only applies the BOGO offer, I’m still charged for the gratuities. Also the price is cheaper when I apply my C&A code and omit the BOGO offer making me think this offer is a bit bogus as I’m only platinum so the balcony discount isn’t that great. The T&C does say that both the BOGO and the C&A offers can be combined but this doesn’t seem to happen. Are these offers genuine or a load of tosh?

Martin

2 hours ago, Mondas42 said:

Hi all

looking at cruises for next year, specifically ones that straddle the 4th June as it’s my 50th (gulp).  Currently RCI in the UK is supposed to have a offer where you get the second person for half price, free gratuities and WiFi. However when I try to get a price, it only applies the BOGO offer, I’m still charged for the gratuities. Also the price is cheaper when I apply my C&A code and omit the BOGO offer making me think this offer is a bit bogus as I’m only platinum so the balcony discount isn’t that great. The T&C does say that both the BOGO and the C&A offers can be combined but this doesn’t seem to happen. Are these offers genuine or a load of tosh?

Martin

Free Gratuities apply to sailings from southampton only

Last Month I priced FOTS cruise to the ABC Islands for the week you are looking at , checked again with this new 50% off 2nd Guest and it works out £100 more expensive than previous. Going to wait until they hopefully put the drinks pack in FOC, should work out less expensive that way

16 minutes ago, Ray said:

Free Gratuities apply to sailings from southampton only

Last Month I priced FOTS cruise to the ABC Islands for the week you are looking at , checked again with this new 50% off 2nd Guest and it works out £100 more expensive than previous. Going to wait until they hopefully put the drinks pack in FOC, should work out less expensive that way

Yes, I was looking at a 8day cruise on Anthem from Southampton as it means we dont have to fly, as we are in the UK.

Looking at that sailing ....it says prices start for Interior room at £1035pp x 2 = £2070  however if you want the BOGO then its this

Buy One Cruise Fare, Get One Half Price + Onboard WiFi + Gratuities Included On Southampton Sailings: guest 1 from £1,380, guest 2 from £690 so that equals £2070 

So thats the same price as paying in full , you are just getting the wifi and gratuities for nothing well you are meant to but they are even charging for that 

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Looking at that sailing ....it says prices start for Interior room at £1035pp x 2 = £2070  however if you want the BOGO then its this

Buy One Cruise Fare, Get One Half Price + Onboard WiFi + Gratuities Included On Southampton Sailings: guest 1 from £1,380, guest 2 from £690 so that equals £2070 

So thats the same price as paying in full , you are just getting the wifi and gratuities for nothing well you are meant to but they are even charging for that 

Ray, 

That’s what I thought as well. Seems like usual RCI marketing bull.

I've learnt to expect anything from rci. We booked a next cruise last year whilst on board. A few days after we got back the new offer was bogo50% plus few deluxe drinks package. The surprising thing was when the price had gone up by over £800. We decided it equated to £29.50 extra pppn, so rebooked have never seen the deluxe package below £39 pppn. 

The more time you spend on her the more you realise you need to check each sale carefully as they're never what they seem, wish we were like USA and cold reprice 

19 hours ago, Matt said:

Yes! Because of the global reach of the blog, MEI is allowed to handle customers around the world.

Just compared the prices on RC US site to that of the UK site, on the US site i can get a balcony room for the same price as an Oceanview on UK site, also US site gives $50 OBC.

• 3 weeks later...