Table assignment - linking separate reservations?

Wubar

Hello,

First time poster. A lot of good information on this site, thanks for all the helpful info!

My family is most likely going to book a cruise for a family reunion this summer, and we'll need 3 rooms.  I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, but if we all book our rooms separately, or I book one room and my dad books the other two, is there a way to link the reservations to ensure we all get assigned the same table for dinner?  Or would one person have to book all rooms under the same reservation to guarantee we sit together?

Thanks all! 

Welcome!

I can only speak from my experience with My Time dining... with My Time, you CAN choose to pick the same dining time each evening. Flexible unlike traditional dining. My group picked 6:00 PM six of the seven evenings for our upcoming May cruise. You get the same server team and same table assigned to you if you stick to the same time slot.

When you make your My Time reservations or Specialty dining reservations in the Cruise Planner you can link your reservations.

As you make each reservation, you will see a blue link “ADD GUESTS FROM ANOTHER RESERVATION”... once you click on that, it will expand and then you will need the other party’s reservation number and the last name they made the reservation under.

Once you enter the name and reservation, the folks listed under that reservation pull up and you can click on their names to link them to your dining reservation. I believe they still need to make their own reservation at the same time slot... I think only one of you needs to link them. Maybe have one person try to make the reservation online and link the others... If that dining reservation shows up in their Cruise Planner, then you should be set. I’m assuming as long as your party isn’t too large, they will be able to accommodate you at one table.

Once the cruises are booked you can link your reservations in your cruise planner then make your reservations for dinner.  I do not think you can split the group between regular dining times and MTD.  If you all pick a set dining time and have the cabins linked you should be at the same table.  If you pick MTD then after you link the cabins you can go on and make reservations for each evenings dinner and choose which guests to reserve for.  If the kids want to just do the walk in then don't include them in the reservation with the understanding that they won't be able to join your group for dinner.   Does that make sense?

6 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I believe they still need to make their own reservation at the same time slot...

No once we made reservations for our group they were made for all of us and others did not to duplicate the reservation.

19 minutes ago, Hoski said:

No once we made reservations for our group they were made for all of us and others did not to duplicate the reservation.

Makes sense... I thought that might be possible... that’s why I suggested trying to make them for all. I just checked with the other party we’re traveling with and they confirmed that the reservations are listed twice on their Cruise Planner since I was the one to link them after they made their reservations! Surprised no one noticed that on our prior cruises! ?

Welcome!  A few users have answered the main question: you can link reservations once booked.

This in mind I HIGHLY recommend using a good travel agent.  There are plenty of reasons to do this for a single room, but when you have three rooms for different folks, you don't want to be the "point person" for any questions, special requests, etc.  Let a travel agent handle all that, make recommendations for your family, take care of linking dining and other reservations, etc.

Below are a couple articles that talk about the benefits of using a good agent:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/01/23/10-secrets-royal-caribbean-travel-agents-wish-you-knew

https://www.cruisehabit.com/should-i-use-travel-agent-or-book-directly-cruise-line

In full transparency, this site is sponsored by MEI Travel - but I can tell you that I and others have used them for years (actually, coming up on a decade for me) with great results.  If you want to give them a shot and support the site, you can request a quote by filling out the form right on the home page.  The important thing though is that you'll benefit in many ways from using a good agent - whoever you might choose.

I need to book 2-3 rooms regularly for my family.  Each room has its own confirmation number and I have them all linked under me in my cruise planner. I think in this case it is easier to use a travel agent to make the bookings.   The TA can ensure your rooms are close together (or not) and everyone can pay separately.  The TA can also make sure the reservations are linked. 

We also do MTD similar to what is above but I make all the reservations.