Cathy D's Ovation Adventures

Cathy Drew

Pre Cruise

I'll try and keep this up to date as possible...... but I may be having way too much fun when I get on Ovation.

It's two days before we board the beautiful Ovation of the Seas. We're all really excited. I'm travelling with my husband and two twenty-something kids. We have a Junior Suite, so looking forward to that. 

It's off to Sydney, Australia tomorrow (Thursday 10:05am Brisbane Australia time flight) for us. Our dogs and cats go to their holiday home today. 

Stay tuned for more fun adventures.

Cathy D

DSC_0025.JPG

5 hours ago, Nicolas LaBarre said:

Wow so awesome! Don't be shy post everything haha. I will be on Ovation on May 13th and there's hardly any information about her online!

I second this - there are NEVER too many photos or too much information!  However, don't let the blogging interfere with the enjoyment of your vacation, either.

Pre Cruise Day ?

Travelled from Brisbane to Sydney by plane. 1 1/2 hour trip. Went by train from the airport to the hotel. 

If you ever get on a cruise in Sydney, the Holiday Inn Old Sydney is a great place to stay. Close to the port, the city  and  a very comfortable sleep.

We were upgraded to a Harbour View room, so got a view of Ovation coming into the port this morning.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:30 PM, Cathy Drew said:

Day before vacation 

was a busy day cleaning, finalising packing and taking the animals to their holiday resort. Trying to get the cats into their cage for transportation was fraught with danger. We have the scratches to prove it.

Been there. Heal quickly and ....getting closer!!!

I guess the OP is having too much fun!..lol.......Is this a live Blog or after the trip or?...I cant seem to follow....

Original post says its 2 days till you board...that would have been the 7th? But then on the 7th you posted and said its the day before the cruise? And then 2 hrs ago it says pre cruise day?

I am looking forward to pics...just cant seem to follow the timeline here....:42_confused:

14 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I guess the OP is having too much fun!..lol.......Is this a live Blog or after the trip or?...I cant seem to follow....

Original post says its 2 days till you board...that would have been the 7th? But then on the 7th you posted and said its the day before the cruise? And then 2 hrs ago it says pre cruise day?

I am looking forward to pics...just cant seem to follow the timeline here....:42_confused:

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I would hardly call this a live blog but hopefully we get some pictures eventually. LOL

On 3/13/2019 at 6:21 AM, Cathy Drew said:

Pre Cruise Day ?

Travelled from Brisbane to Sydney by plane. 1 1/2 hour trip. Went by train from the airport to the hotel. 

If you ever get on a cruise in Sydney, the Holiday Inn Old Sydney is a great place to stay. Close to the port, the city  and  a very comfortable sleep.

We were upgraded to a Harbour View room, so got a view of Ovation coming into the port this morning.

We booked this hotel too before our cruise On Ovation in October! Glad to know it is comfortable and close! Hopefully you update soon and everything went well. Is this how long was your cruise? is it around New Zealand? I am guessing 12/13 days since you are posting?  Also, is this the group cruise with Pippa? or is that next year