Oasis update

Gregg

Just got off Oasis on Sunday and after speaking to some employees around the ship here's what they said:

-Champagne Bar will be replaced with the Bionic Bar

-Playmakers will replace Sabor

-Ultimate Abyss will be added (Sabor Bar obviously will be removed)

-No Wonderland (employee said it was originally supposed to be added, but now cancelled) 

35 minutes ago, yzfmik said:

Just got off Oasis on Sunday and after speaking to some employees around the ship here's what they said:

-Champagne Bar will be replaced with the Bionic Bar

-Playmakers will replace Sabor

-Ultimate Abyss will be added (Sabor Bar obviously will be removed)

-No Wonderland (employee said it was originally supposed to be added, but now cancelled) 

Thanks for the information !

IMO, the bionic bar is a huge waste of valuable real estate.  Terrible drinks and once you've gotten 1 drink from there, the novelty is over.  I loved the Champagne bar.  Bad tradeoff.

Glad to hear that they are not putting Wonderland on Oasis !  Another huge waste of valuable real estate.

I hope they are going to be adding Hooked !

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Can someone tell me about the Oasis of the Seas upgrades. When will it be done. And what is expected to happen. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Royal Caribbean has not announced anything in terms of what will be part of the upgrades.  So at this point, it's still anyone's guess.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Royal Caribbean has not announced anything in terms of what will be part of the upgrades.  So at this point, it's still anyone's guess.

Yes, the info I got from employees is just what they heard, obviously nothing is 100% confirmed.  They did seem to know what they were talking about on these few things though.  It's funny they only seemed to have info on the particular area they work in, nothing else.  

• 4 months later...

i posted this on another thread as well, so apologies for the duplication, but i wasn't sure which one was most appropriate and didn't want to start a new topic if it already fits in an another active one.

anyway, does anyone know if RC will be adding wow band capability on oasis after its update later this year? i have looked everywhere but haven't found anything more than speculation. i also have my travel agent checking on this, but haven't heard back yet.

also, will the guest cabins on oasis also be refreshed with this 2019 update?

any and all information is greatly appreciated!

@Gregg & @tzb  Welcome to the RCB forums!

On 3/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

IMO, the bionic bar is a huge waste of valuable real estate.  Terrible drinks and once you've gotten 1 drink from there, the novelty is over.  I loved the Champagne bar.  Bad tradeoff.

Glad to hear that they are not putting Wonderland on Oasis !  Another huge waste of valuable real estate.

@WAAAYTOOO  Completely agree on both accounts.  I like to watch the Bionic Bar when it is working, which is almost never!  And Cecile will not even let me book Wonderland to try it.  She just doesn't like the looks of the menu.

1 hour ago, tzb said:

i posted this on another thread as well, so apologies for the duplication, but i wasn't sure which one was most appropriate and didn't want to start a new topic if it already fits in an another active one.

anyway, does anyone know if RC will be adding wow band capability on oasis after its update later this year? i have looked everywhere but haven't found anything more than speculation. i also have my travel agent checking on this, but haven't heard back yet.

also, will the guest cabins on oasis also be refreshed with this 2019 update?

any and all information is greatly appreciated!

Typically the rooms have not been refreshed on AMPED ships, so IMO, no they will not.

Per, I believe @twangster , he feels that no they will not upgrade to RFID door openers on Oasis, it would be to costly to upgrade every room door when there is nothing wrong with the card key access they have now, that was just his opinion on another thread about Oasis updates.

IMO, the bionic bar is a huge waste of valuable real estate.  Terrible drinks and once you've gotten 1 drink from there, the novelty is over.  I loved the Champagne bar.  Bad tradeoff

I totally agree with you!!?

Thanks for the information !

I hope they are going to be adding Hooked !

Agree with this. The bionic bar is a gimmick and absolute space. I do think wonderland is worthy or real estate just not as much as it currently has occupied on Symphony & Harmony. Hooked is deserving of some prime time space for sure. 

Most of us are rather disappointed with the addition of the Bionic Bar. However, I sincerely wish Royal would have swapped the Champagne bar to the Bamboo Room. I like the atmosphere & modern Tiki style...that I think bold well with the overall ambiance of the Promenade.

As far as Hooked...I agree with WaaayTooo, that would be my new favorite specialty spot. Missed opportunity by Royal, imo.