Miami Car service recommendation.. I was ripped off

i booked a limo in Oct, i obviously chose a untrustworthy one.  He never answers emails.  We paid in full in Oct and yesterday he ran a charge for over 1000.  I have to wait til it clears to dispute.  I am waiting for the limo service to return my call. ?

In the mean time I would like to book a limo service with good recommendations from actual people. I did research for days before booking this limo but I obviously failed.. it is confusing because the names are all similar.

Thanks for any help.  We are new to cruising and I wont let this ruin our first cruise.  

Unless things are done very differently down in FL, I have booked dozens of private/black car services for work in various parts of the country,  and paying in full in advance for the service sounds very unusual to me. I have always had to provide a credit card and indicate if I want them to include a tip at the end of service, but if they are a reputable company they should have a clear cancellation policy and openly indicate how payment works. And an additional $1,000 charge sounds highly unusual as well. It’s not like you are booking a party bus or something that they need a deposit of some sort. 

IMO, unless your cruise is in 48 hours or something, I would cancel with this company and book with another company that doesn’t raise multiple red flags like this. Sorry, I don’t have any personal recommendations though. 

24 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

Unless things are done very differently down in FL, I have booked dozens of private/black car services for work in various parts of the country,  and paying in full in advance for the service sounds very unusual to me. I have always had to provide a credit card and indicate if I want them to include a tip at the end of service, but if they are a reputable company they should have a clear cancellation policy and openly indicate how payment works. And an additional $1,000 charge sounds highly unusual as well. It’s not like you are booking a party bus or something that they need a deposit of some sort. 

IMO, unless your cruise is in 48 hours or something, I would cancel with this company and book with another company that doesn’t raise multiple red flags like this. Sorry, I don’t have any personal recommendations though. 

Thank you for your help. I was surprised in Oct when they billed before service.  That is my plan, to cancel and disputing charge if I need too.  Now to find a trustworthy one.  ? 

We used Go Airport Shuttle to go from Port Everglades to MIA on Thanksgiving Day.  We were a family of 6 plus luggage so didn't think an Uber XL would fit us.  It was more than an Uber XL but I wanted to prebook to make sure we'd have a ride since it was Thanksgiving Day.  We were happy with the service.  It was very easy as most of it was online.

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

We used Go Airport Shuttle to go from Port Everglades to MIA on Thanksgiving Day.  We were a family of 6 plus luggage so didn't think an Uber XL would fit us.  It was more than an Uber XL but I wanted to prebook to make sure we'd have a ride since it was Thanksgiving Day.  We were happy with the service.  It was very easy as most of it was online.

I have used Go Shuttle many times and never had many problems.

3 hours ago, Diane.M said:

i booked a limo in Oct, i obviously chose a untrustworthy one.  He never answers emails.  We paid in full in Oct and yesterday he ran a charge for over 1000.  I have to wait til it clears to dispute.  I am waiting for the limo service to return my call. ?

In the mean time I would like to book a limo service with good recommendations from actual people. I did research for days before booking this limo but I obviously failed.. it is confusing because the names are all similar.

Thanks for any help.  We are new to cruising and I wont let this ruin our first cruise.  

+1 on Go Airport Shuttle, I have used them multiple times between airport and cruise port, both ways, picked me up at the airport and transferred to cruise port, picked me up at the cruise port and transferred me to the airport. This has been at both Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

I give them a credit card but they do not charge until the day of the pick up. I usually pay the tip in cash.

As mentioned above this is all done online, the only time I speak with someone is when they are on their way to pick us up.

6 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

I did get  a hold of them and they had already reversed the 1000 plus charge (it was the exact amount of my quote with extra 1 at the beginning.. i have trust issues.I canceled reservation)

3 hours ago, tiny260 said:

+1 on Go Airport Shuttle, I have used them multiple times between airport and cruise port, both ways, picked me up at the airport and transferred to cruise port, picked me up at the cruise port and transferred me to the airport. This has been at both Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

I give them a credit card but they do not charge until the day of the pick up. I usually pay the tip in cash.

As mentioned above this is all done online, the only time I speak with someone is when they are on their way to pick us up.

I'm going to call them right now.  Thank you!

14 hours ago, Diane.M said:

Wow! I hate to hear you had such a bad experioence. I do a lot of research and check reviews, etc for things like limo companies but I read just the other day that for $60 someone can buy a few hundred positive reviews for their site / business. I had a similar situation to yours a few years ago in Honolulu. Small limo company that I booked as a surprise for my wife to take us from the airport to our hotel. He never showed up and when I called the number just got a recording. Luckily for me at the limo waiting area there was another limo driver with the opposite problem. His booked fare never showed up. After an hour of so and a bit of chatting he told me he couldn't book me directly as that violated taxi / limosine rules for the airport but if I called his office and booked him he could take me right then so I did. I left a voie mail with the limo service I had booked that I expected no charges to my credit card and to their credit they didn't. However they also never emailed or called with an apology.

When I am in Miami or Fort Lauderdale for a cruise now I use Lyft or Uber.