Drink Recommendations - ON A MISSION!!!

Just now, Kansas Eagle said:

All sound great!

What is a good drink to have in the MDR with Dinner?

Depends on what you like. I tend to stick with red wine, as I’m part of a wine making family that loves wine or a cocktail like a cosmopolitan. 

I like martinis and classic cocktail drinks with dinner.  Depending on the meal, I could have a cosmopolitan, an appletini, even a manhattan (a long lost art that not enough people appreciate) or something interesting from their custom martinis.  Otherwise its white wine

As for bar drinks on a mission, find your favourite bartender, and ask them to make you what THEY like to drink.  Its almost always good and boozy.  .Or after making friends with your friendly neighborhood bartender, ask them to make you something for you special.  Tell them what you like, and what you avoid.  I've had some amazing drinks that are totally new and unique and in my experience asking bartenders to do this for you, they really like doing it.  Most are making strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas all day, it lets them really use their bartending skills.  I know in my job I like actually using my job skills rather than the mundane.  

For idling around the ship, either a specialty mojito or margarita from Boleros lounge is great. Also second the Lava Flow recommendation.

During dinner I usually have a glass of one of the "Adventurous Reds" that doesn't go too far over the drink package limit; they have good Tuscans, Malbecs, and Zinfandels on board. If I trust the waiter (more likely in a specialty restaurant or Coastal Kitchen than the MDR), I'll ask for their recommendation of a wine to pair with the meal; have discovered some new wines I liked and wouldn't have thought to try on my own.

I've discovered that after dinner I like having an iced coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream. Just be prepared to be a bit wired around midnight. ? 

Oh, and at breakfast time give a Bacon Bloody Mary with Skyy or Gray Goose vodka a whirl! Add an espresso shot on the side for a "breakfast of champions". I plan to try that on my next cruise after seeing @Matt post that on one of his prior cruises! ?

If you are hanging out in the pub and get to know the bartender (and have a drink package) ask if you can have a Strongbow and a shot of fireball on the side.  Some will make you wait a few minutes for the fireball but I dump the fireball into the Strongbow cider and it gives it a nice cinnamon flavor and cuts the sugary taste of the cider alone.

I call it a StrongBall.

We got the DBP on a recent 4-night cruise to Nassau; I decided to try new drinks every day since I rarely go to bars; this was my chance to "explore!"  My favorite moments and drinks:

1.  As soon as we got on the ship, we went right to the Pool Bar and got drinks of the day -- sat there sipping and watching everyone come on board, with our frosty drinks in hand (well, the weather wasn't HOT, but they still tasted good!)

2.  Trying a Chocolate Martini.  Sounded gross -- tasted divine, and looked beautiful!

3. Coconut Mojito, Frozen Mojito

4.  Baileys with my coffee in the morning!  I'm not a huge fan of lattes, but I love cafe au lait with a dollop (or two) of Baileys!

3 minutes ago, nanowerx said:

What are the frozen drink options like on the ship?

I love places like Wet Willies that have alcoholic 'slushies,' do RC ships offer drinks like that? I've been on previous cruises, but I pretty much just drank beer (and the occasional rum and coke), so I have no clue.

There used to be really great drink menus that had lots of frozen options listed. However now the menus are very limited only like 2 or 3 frozen drinks are listed. So you kind of have to know what you want to order and hopefully they will have it. But they are good ?

2 hours ago, nanowerx said:

What are the frozen drink options like on the ship?

I love places like Wet Willies that have alcoholic 'slushies,' do RC ships offer drinks like that? I've been on previous cruises, but I pretty much just drank beer (and the occasional rum and coke), so I have no clue.

Ask any bartender at a bar that has the blenders what they can make.  It really depends on what cartons of the mix they have on hand.  The standards are usually there (pina colada, strawberry daquiri, miami vice, mudslides) but sometimes they have different mixes or can make other creations for you.  Frozen mojito is a tasty choice.

6 minutes ago, Ndfan89 said:

I will be on the Allure on Sunday.  This sounds wonderful and what bar can I find this drink at when I arrive on Sunday!

thanks!

Any drink that can make frozen drinks like the pool bars and some inside bars.  It's basically their sweet and sour mix with ice, blended with a a shot of Goose.

3 minutes ago, Ndfan89 said:

Sorry , I 

do not know what happened !

No worries, it happens.