Adventure of the Seas

Hi I'm going on my first RC cruise with my family in July!  It's traveling to Nassau, Bermuda & CocoCay!  Can anyone give us ideas on excursions?

We are in a Junior Suite and really excited.  What is the ship like and what am I to expect?  I'm a planner & I know it's still really early.  Do they give us an itinerary prior to boarding so I know what to expect on certain days.  I know once on ship I'll get one daily but want to pack accordingly,  Do I have to book shows too?

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated!  More questions to follow!

Thanks!

I'd recommend you check out a past Cruise Compass, which is the daily newspaper distributed to guests, as a means of getting an idea of what to expect onboard. While a past Cruise Compass will not be 100% of what will be available on your sailing, it's a very good means of getting a ballpark idea of what to expect: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=281

I am going on Adventure in July.  I think we are on the same cruise in July bc Adventure is like Anthem out of Bayonne...rotates between Bermuda, and than flipping with going to New England/Canada

There is a FB page for Adventure and another for Adventure 7/12. It is a private/closed group.

Adventure does not pre-book shows.  It does not have the Kummelwreck sandwich.  They have latitudes where you can use your beverage package for specialty coffees (starbucks) and a Johnny Rockets for milk shakes.

Excursions vary to personal taste.

We have booked a catamaran snorkel excursion.  It no longer appears on the daily planner (online).  Our other excursion is Chill Island cabana at Coco Cay.  

We also booked the Chef's table and the Galley Brunch.  (still available on the planner),plus 3 night specialty dinners.  We are using a TA so they gifted us another specialty dinner free of cost.  Also booked fire and ice pedis at sea (cruise planner)

They do the 70s night and the white party from what I have been told.  They also have trivia in Schooners, the silent party and of course Quest.  

Hope that helps.

There are several options for Blue Lagoon Island for Nassau - it's a nice boat ride over there and a very pretty little island with different things to do (beach day, segway tour, walking tour, animal encounters). It's a nice way to get away from the ship for a while but not stay in Nassau itself.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:42 PM, Pima1988 said:

I am going on Adventure in July.  I think we are on the same cruise in July bc Adventure is like Anthem out of Bayonne...rotates between Bermuda, and than flipping with going to New England/Canada

There is a FB page for Adventure and another for Adventure 7/12. It is a private/closed group.

Adventure does not pre-book shows.  It does not have the Kummelwreck sandwich.  They have latitudes where you can use your beverage package for specialty coffees (starbucks) and a Johnny Rockets for milk shakes.

Excursions vary to personal taste.

We have booked a catamaran snorkel excursion.  It no longer appears on the daily planner (online).  Our other excursion is Chill Island cabana at Coco Cay.  

We also booked the Chef's table and the Galley Brunch.  (still available on the planner),plus 3 night specialty dinners.  We are using a TA so they gifted us another specialty dinner free of cost.  Also booked fire and ice pedis at sea (cruise planner)

They do the 70s night and the white party from what I have been told.  They also have trivia in Schooners, the silent party and of course Quest.  

Hope that helps.

I'm waiting to be added to the FB page!  I was told that I can't use the beverage package for any Starbucks because it's a specialty.  I didn't know about Johnny Rockets either for milkshakes.  

We are still looking through excursions,  I think we still have plenty of time.  

I'm interested in pictures but haven't seen any pricing, so I'm not sure how that works.  It can get pricey too!

I'm sure we"ll have a special dinner some night but not sure until we get on ship and check things out!  

2 hours ago, Danigirl12 said:

We are still looking through excursions,  I think we still have plenty of time.  

yes and no.  IE cabanas at Coco Cay are limited.  For our week the clam shells, and bungalows on Chill are not longer available.  As I stated prior,  RCCL is no longer offering the catamaran excursion I booked back on Black Friday.

Same thing could be said if you want to do a spa day on a sea day.  Or you want to my time dining.  They have limited numbers.  

Just saying when there are limited slots, if it is popular, impo book it now, cancel and rebook later at the lower cost.

Adventure has Latitudes which offers Starbuck products.  You can use the DBP at Latitudes that have Starbucks.  You can't use the DBP at a Starbucks kiosk on a ship.  Note: Latitudes carries Starbucks products, but is not a kiosk.

Johnny Rockets on Adventure does include the shakes, at least they have in the last month.  It is not like Anthem, aka JR Express. 

2 hours ago, Danigirl12 said:

I'm sure we"ll have a special dinner some night but not sure until we get on ship and check things out!  

It is more expensive to purchase on board than booking online.  You might get 1 dinner cheaper, than the BOGO (1st 2 nights), but it may come down to $8 pp more for 2 dinners.  

Just saying again, in the end you can cancel your on line order.