What are best ships? Ones to Avoid?

I think favourites are incredibly subjective and I'm unsure anyone here will say "this is a BAD ship, avoid at all costs"

Some people favor the larger Oasis and Quantum class ships.  Others dont like the big ships and they like the smaller ships  (and by smaller, you're still looking at a 900+ foot long ship holding 2k+ passengers)

Some people favor the older ships and older crowds.  Others love the latest and greatest ship and a young crowd.  Some like partying the night away in discos and bars with flowriders and escape rooms and sky diving simulators.  Others like serenity and quiet, spending their time in spas and relaxing by a quiet adult only pool.

Some like a ton of entertainment with aqua shows and broadway shows and headliner entertainment on board.  Others just want a comedian or magician and smaller musical acts.  

Some like a myriad of dining options with numerous specialty dining options, starbucks coffee in addition to the standard MDR, Windjammer buffet and room service.  Others are fine with one or two specialty options and the standards.  

Some like destinations like Alaska or the Fjords of Norway where a smaller ship can get places a larger ship just cant access.  Others like the Caribbean.  Some like Bermuda.  Others like Hawaii.  Some like transatlantic, some want a 3 day getaway.

So if we knew what your "perfect" cruise destination and "perfect" amenities are, then we might be able to suggest a ship that might match your needs.  Because RC doesnt really have a "bad" ship.  But there may be some ships that dont match your needs and any cruise line if you dont match your needs to a ship, you're not going to enjoy your cruise.  It would be like expecting a flowrider or sky diving simulator and dining in flip flops on the queen mary 2 from cunard.  That person would have a terrible time if they were expecting that from Cunard.  Same with RC, if you're expecting white gloves and tuxedos for every dinner and an expansive library with a rare book collection, and you get flowriders and escape rooms, and multiple pools and smart casual meals except on formal night... you're going to have a bad time.  

Agree.  It's like asking "What meal should I avoid at dinner?" or "What color pants should I wear?"

I've sailed the smallest and largest in the fleet.  Loved them both.  

The real key to enjoying every cruise is to have proper expectations set for the ship you book.  Expecting zip lines and bumper cars on the same ship will lead to disappointment.  Research and adjust expectations based on research.  

My advice would be to start with the list of things that are found only on Oasis or Quantum class ships and if you can live without those you know you can go smaller. So if it’s a Flowrider you can’t live without you know what ships you are limited to. Not having Water slides would be a dealbreaker for us as our daughter seems to spend half her days on them. So when it came time to book a May short cruise, Navigator was an easy choice. I still have friends though that say I won’t like it as it’s not as smooth a ride As Harmony of the Seas was. 

Ditto above.

If you are coming with kids, then I would stick to Oasis, Quantum, Freedom or Amped Voyager ship.

If you prefer smaller more intimate ships, then you have the Radiance,Vision and Empress class ships.  Or I think these are ones that have nicer itineraries so if that's important, then that would be a factor.

Then as other said...what is important?  Flowrider? Zipline? Promenade?  Neighborhoods?  Broadway shows?  Then see what ships match your criteria.

I've been on one of the largest (Allure) and one of the smallest (Majesty), but even the Majesty was the largest class of passenger ships in the 90s.  It's something like 3x the size of the Titanic.  And the Allure is another 3 or 4 times bigger still.  There are no small cruise ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet.

Look at the itineraries, room availability and onboard amenities and activities.  They all have plenty to do aboard and there are no bad choices.