Late night free food options

nrgMike

You could also do what we do.  Go to Windjammers when they open for dinner. We do late seating, so this is our early appetizers.   Grab things, such as carved beef/ham, deli meats, cheeses, veggies, hummus, breads, cookies, slice of cake,  dessert in a cup, etc. and bring it back to your room.  Place it in your mini-fridge aka cooler.  Stop by Sorrentos to grab a few slices of pizza and you have your own late night hot and cold buffet at no cost.  We do balcony and this is one of our favorite things to do.

We also order continental breakfast room service which is free.  We set out the card with the delivery time.  We are early risers, 7 :30 is sleeping in for us. Again, we do balcony.  We go to the gym, or walk the track and then we hit the Windjammer.  We each make a plate to go (omelets bacon, hash browns).  I get an ice coffee too on our way back.  We time it so the continental shows up within 5 mins (see above regarding the card).  So for us we get the best of both worlds, hot and cold, while we spend $0.  Especially if the ship does not have outdoor seating at the WJ the  perk of a balcony is you can have breakfast outside.

We have done outside (no balcony) this way too.  We like doing this bc of one more reason.  We can eat at our leisure while we get ready for the day in our room.  Take a shower, come back for another sip of coffee, or a bite of a muffin in your room while you apply your sunscreen before going to the pool or finishing packing your tote for your excursion that day.

3 hours ago, kontraxed said:

Where do you get ice coffee and is it any good?

It depends on which ship you go on.  For example on Anthem they have SBC next to WJ where you can get iced coffee.  On smaller size ships you can go to Latitudes where they you can get it there.

I never have any issues.  To me they taste better than their coffee.  I usually get another one during the day. 

3 hours ago, DRLPP said:

Often after late MDR I will get my desert to go and have it later with coffee or tea at my leisure. Another option I will do is hit the WJ after dinner and look for one or two(maybe three) tidbits of food or a desert to save for later.

This is what is great about the WJ. Late diners like me go early to WJ since we will not be done or hungry by the time WJ closes.  Early diners can go before they close up for the day. 

As I stated I typically do something akin to a meat and cheese plate, however one thing I love is cold left over Chinese food.  (That college kid has never left me).  I am thinking on our cruise in July  I will see how it works using the Mongolian Grill in the WJ.  Eating cold lomein at midnight on the balcony floating on the waves in the Caribbean seems like nirvana to me.

I like the idea of utilizing the free continental breakfast to get a few sweet snacks (like pastries) and maybe a beverage or two like milk or juice.  Then from the WJ, I like to make a club sandwich and a small fruit plate to go and that can be my late night snack.  I dont usually stockpile more than that in my room since the fridge is more of a cooler, not a refrigerator.  

Usually I am one of those suite snobs and if for some reason I have a 2am craving I can order something from room service for no fee.  Usually this doesnt happen though.  There's so much to do onboard that I'm completely zonked out by 11.  And I'm a nightowl.  

On 3/3/2019 at 6:24 AM, kontraxed said:

Where do you get ice coffee and is it any good?

I always get at least two iced lattes at Cafe Promenade per morning.  I am an espresso drink fan, so having the latte option somewhere on the ship is important to me AND those I travel with LOL.   Navigator OTS now doesn have a stand alone Starbucks, but those drinks are not included in the beverage packages. 

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Kris D said:

Is there late night dining on Celebrity something similar to Café Promenade or International Café?

My only Celebrity experience was on Edge. So I'm not sure how similar other ships in the fleet would be.

Oceanview Cafe (equivalent of Windjammer) was open until 1am for food. They had a nice spread at night, including hand tossed pizza. Available 24 hours in Oceanview Cafe was the beverage station. Cafe al Bacio (similar to Café Promenade or International Café) closed up normally at midnight, offerings only tended to be dessert type items after breakfast.

Outside of that it would be room service with a fee between 11 PM and 5 AM.