Cuba?

Just now, gagliardom22 said:

Is it true that you can only get off the boat if you have an excursion ? I thought I heard that somewhere....

Absolutely not. You can walk around any of the Cuban ports with or without an excursion booked through RC.

1 minute ago, gagliardom22 said:

Great ! Thats what I thought just wanted to confirm that !!!!

Keep in mind whatever you do in Cuba is supposed to satisfy one of the US government's approved reasons for visiting Cuba

IMO, these rules are written so vaguely it's hard to argue that just about anything you do onshore qualifies as "Support for the Cuban people", but be prepared to provide something as your plans for on shore.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Keep in mind whatever you do in Cuba is supposed to satisfy one of the US government's approved reasons for visiting Cuba

IMO, these rules are written so vaguely it's hard to argue that just about anything you do onshore qualifies as "Support for the Cuban people", but be prepared to provide something as your plans for on shore.

Got it !! I want to get to Cuba soon will keep this in mind !

We are going in October. Our travel agent said to keep our documentation for five years if we go with non Royal excursions. I'm really looking forward to seeing the different ports. There was a great article a few months ago in the daily Smithsoonian newsletter about a man who essentially saved old Havanna.