RCL website - difficulty booking a cruise?

55 minutes ago, kontraxed said:

I've been trying to book a cruise (for a few days) on the RCL website including the Crown and Anchor page but I haven't gotten any information - I just get the small print terms and conditions. Anyone else having any problems?

Have you tried the incognito mode of Chrome? 

23 minutes ago, ama537621 said:

I called there web help and was told the latest version of Google chrome does not play well with their system at the moment. He suggested internet exploder. 

Oh ya, of course it's the browser's fault, nice of them to point that out to you. ? Another clueless IT/Developer department...

image.thumb.png.8556dc3684f2b8a01041e78ba0d5df76.png

1 hour ago, kontraxed said:

First, I use Internet Explorer. Second, I have no idea how to switch to "Incognito Chrome." Basically, it sounds like it's not just me so I'll sit back and wait until it magically fixes itself.

Top right, click the three vertical dots, click 'New incognito window'. Websites like Royal's use cookies to help them track your activity on their website and present you with specific content.

Incognito mode in Chrome prevents websites from using cookies (thus the name incognito). I can tell you for a fact the Royal web pages have a history of not working well with cookies and different browsers handle them differently...it's not you and it's not just today.

Running in incognito mode seems to eliminate many of the problems people like yourself experience. In fact, if I go to the Royal website I always use incognito mode regardless of what I am looking at or doing.

Was able to book through Chrome in early February.  When I tried to book my second one a little later I was able to get all the way until the point of putting down the deposit and it wouldn't go through.  Tried a different card in case it was that...nope.  Tried it in Incognito as well as jumping on different computers, nothing worked.  Was happy to be able to call in and still get the deal that I was looking for.

And it is never good news when an IT department is suggesting Internet Explorer as your browser.