Johnny Rockets Express

Thetechie

8 minutes ago, ama537621 said:

11 for a shake seems excessive

Guess they are charging $6 for the booze used in the adult shakes.

Adding some more thoughts: Depending on what spirits are used $6 extra isn't too bad compared to what a "lone shot" runs.

27 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

What worries me is the line "Additional charge applies to all shakes."

Summoning @twangster for further investigation.

Yeah, I wonder if that’s the 18% service charge like all other drinks??

18 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Guess they are charging $6 for the booze used in the adult shakes.

Adding some more thoughts: Depending on what spirits are used $6 extra isn't too bad compared to what a "lone shot" runs.

I thought the same. Doesn’t seem too extreme for me. I actually feel like all the prices aren’t bad, just miss the cover charge!

5 hours ago, Joe01 said:

What happened to the original Johnny Rockets on Navigator?

Adventure Ocean / Teen area aka "The Living Room".  

On 3/1/2019 at 3:27 PM, CGTLH said:

What worries me is the line "Additional charge applies to all shakes."

Summoning @twangster for further investigation.

It's on my list.  I was going to ask today since I have DX but one Bamboo Room drink led to another and ...  maybe another day.  

On 3/1/2019 at 2:29 PM, ama537621 said:

The prices for the burgers and fries do not look unreasonable. 11 for a shake seems excessive

Its about at Land Based pricing now for a johnny rockets at a mall.  RCL loves this because you technically pay for food in your cruise fare and slowly but surely you are seeing them able charge again for "better" food.

2 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I am torn....while I like the idea of being able to have a burger and pay $5....but the flip side of that is that a meal is a lot more.....I used to order an app and then the burger/fry/pop......it looks like about double the cost now for that..

You have just described the optimal business model.  I cant get enough people to pay 7.00 for a sit down unlimited meal but i can get 4X the amount of people to pay 3 - 5 dollars for less food by the pool.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

It’s long been that way.  Last year there was news of some ships including them.  Royal often does that as experiments.  

Nickel and Diming I tell ya, nickel and dime! I'm kidding.. I guess I'll just hang out in the Bamboo room instead!

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

As I sit in The Bamboo Room it is quichly my fav which is an accomplishment given Edgardo at the Sky Bar aka Lime and Coconut who remembered me and my drink(s) from 3 months ago.  Both good options.  

I can't wait. We sail on the 15th. First cruise and loving all that you are posting

1 minute ago, Thetechie said:

Was that an Express as well? Or still a sit-down? You better believe I'll still be trying it!

Oh, good point - it was a sit down - but I'll be on Nav in December and I'll happily (well maybe not "happily") pay for one since they're pretty darned good. As long as they have malts and not just shakes. Yeah, I'm picky.

20 hours ago, marti314 said:

You have just described the optimal business model.  I cant get enough people to pay 7.00 for a sit down unlimited meal but i can get 4X the amount of people to pay 3 - 5 dollars for less food by the pool.  

Yeah..makes me more likely to skip it and head to the buffet or park café for a " free sandwich".......I was willing to pay and make a meal out of it at JR's..but I wont pay double for the same thing..

But many will...I get it.

4 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Why would I go there and pay extra when I can get a burger elsewhere on the ship?

Like many purchases while on vacation, Royal is banking on impulse purchases.  With JR Express conveniently located next to the pool deck with plenty foot traffic, their YTD sales #'s will be up. 

12 minutes ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

Like many purchases while on vacation, Royal is banking on impulse purchases.  With JR Express conveniently located next to the pool deck with plenty foot traffic, their YTD sales #'s will be up. 

Surprised it took this long for the poolside Johnny Rockets to expand. Know when I was on Anthem it seemed busy. Only major complaint was it took well over 15 minutes for them to complete an order.

Not 100% sure but I think only one other non Quantum class ship has a poolside venue, think it is Fish and Chips style place.

1 hour ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

I was once told JR was placed in certain designated locale, not really convenient or popular location, to increase the foot traffic, in low activity areas of the ship & spread the traffic around some, to help alleviate crowd in heavily dense areas of the ship.

True - on Mariner I walked by there several times a day when it was open and very rarely ever saw anyone there.