Navigator Mar. 1, 2019 - 9 Nights Southern Caribbean

twangster

1 hour ago, Linda216 said:

Twangster...

Do you know if they’re added the computer port during the remodel of the ship for the App to work eventually?...I just read this on another thread:

iMessage has worked for me on both Harmony and Quantum.  I had heard that it's because the new App is going to use the same port (not ship port) as iMessage uses so they can't block it.  Plus, I think they realize there really is no harm in allowing it.   Just connect to the wifi on airplane mode and you should be able to send iMessages assuming your phone knows that the other phone is an iPhone (aka it sends blue text bubbles instead of green)

It would be great news if I could use iMessage for free to keep in contact with my kids on the ship.  

No free iMessage on Navigator and that loophole will eventually be closed on all ships. 

Day 10 - Ugh Day.

Morning came early but the inevitable occurred.  We returned to Miami.

I meant to pack the day before but one bamboo drink lead to another and...  morning came early.

By the time I made it downstairs the self-assist line was already moving.

TS8D07y.jpg

A quick glance over at the naughty table where items confiscated on day 1 could be retrieved.

I77nEv1.jpg

Thanks so much for the great live blog, Twangster.  Voyager class was my first cruise, so I've always had a soft spot for that class.  And after seeing the Amped updates through your blog, I may have to rethink Oasis out of Bayonne in 2020... hmmm.  You know what, YOLO I'm booking two cruises in 2020 ?

• Matt featured this topic
11 minutes ago, Sweety said:

We will have over 340 points this Summer. Will there be an invite in the room for lunch with a Officer.

You are probably used to seeing the little card in your cabin regarding the other tours (bridge, theater, galley).  Now I see a 4th line for "Meal with an Officer".  

Must return the card by end of day 2 to C&A desk sort of thing.  

Later in the cruise a card was dropped off informing me of the date and time. 

It can vary by ship and/or loyalty ambassador.  Once the "Meal with an Officer" letter was separate, probably so the other offers for those below 340 would be a common letter.  

4 hours ago, Sweety said:

We will have over 340 points this Summer. Will there be an invite in the room for lunch with a Officer.

What a disappointment this was for us the first time we did it.  The food was AWFUL and we never even spoke to an "officer" (not that it would have been any great thrill, anyway).  We haven't bothered since.  Try it though....maybe you will have a better experience than we had.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What a disappointment this was for us the first time we did it.  The food was AWFUL and we never even spoke to an "officer" (not that it would have been any great thrill, anyway).  We haven't bothered since.  Try it though....maybe you will have a better experience than we had.

What a shame.  On Empress it was a Chops filet and Navigator it was Jamie's.  Both were really good meals.  They don't offer it on short cruises.  They never offered it on Vision.  

Grated you sit at a shared table with other guests but we all asked the officers many questions.  Poor fellows could hardly eat.  They sat through it with a smile though.

Welcome to the message boards!

The Diamond on board discount will save you ~$23 off the onboard Voom plans.  I usually wait until day two to buy Voom so it drops in price by one day.  

Assuming a cruise planner price of $14.99 here is a chart that illustrates the differences. 

For Diamond on a 9 night cruise the cruise planner will be cheaper for Surf and Stream at $14.99 or below (cruise planner price).  Surf is a different matter since it isn't always available in the cruise planner. 

Voom Diamond.jpeg

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

The Diamond on board discount will save you ~$23 off the onboard Voom plans.  I usually wait until day two to buy Voom so it drops in price by one day.  

Assuming a cruise planner price of $14.99 here is a chart that illustrates the differences. 

For Diamond on a 9 night cruise the cruise planner will be cheaper for Surf and Stream at $14.99 or below (cruise planner price).  Surf is a different matter since it isn't always available in the cruise planner. 

Voom Diamond.jpeg

Any chance you post a link to this fabulous spreadsheet?

2 hours ago, Marc Van Niekerk said:

Any chance you post a link to this fabulous spreadsheet?

The cruise planner price right now is $12.99 so from looking at the spreadsheet, the cruise planner price might be the way to go then. Doesn't help me use my obc, or should I rephrase that, wish I could apply my obc towards it as it absolutely irks me to pay that much money to check my email once a day, just to make sure everything is good at home. Thank you for the great spreadsheet. More awesome information!!

1 hour ago, Choozin Cruizin said:

The cruise planner price right now is $12.99 so from looking at the spreadsheet, the cruise planner price might be the way to go then. Doesn't help me use my obc, or should I rephrase that, wish I could apply my obc towards it as it absolutely irks me to pay that much money to check my email once a day, just to make sure everything is good at home. Thank you for the great spreadsheet. More awesome information!!

You should be able to use your OBC for purchases made prior to sail date UNLESS it’s travel agent OBC.