I can't remember:

This made me laugh

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I can't remember #2:

And this made me laugh harder

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

Doh!  Forgot to show you the chocolate fountain from the Windjammer on day 5:

That looks... unsanitary... ?

I am loving all your photos... They are hazardous though, might have checked a few navigator sailings for prices throughout the day. Thank you for sharing!

Playmakers

What can I say that pictures can't?

Izh4SJp.jpg

oachjyV.jpg

xhW1qQM.jpg

Pool is free.

PopQuKf.jpg

uAsYmKE.jpg

4Hra9ct.jpg

CXwRPm7.jpg

GXBLFDj.jpg

9deS5Xk.jpg

CMpWvOU.jpg

My5GZ7v.jpg

These arcade games are $1 per play.  Swipe you SeaPass card. 

Hlqocko.jpg

Shuffleboard is free.

pnbB2xW.jpg

PRckE0z.jpg

sCsH1Tx.jpg

dcq3Q67.jpg

3nR101v.jpg

NBM75i8.jpg

One night there was a hot wing challenge.  Mark the officer who has launched many Playmakers (not pictured here) announced tonight's winner has the record.  Ten extra hot wings in 2:37 (or something like that).  That's the winner on the left with eyes closed summoning the burn away.  He won 3 liters of beer on tap.  

i241BMV.jpg

I think this Playmakers has the most TV's that I've seen.  I'm not sure if there is room for another one without installing more engines to power them all. 

At the moment I'm torn between trying the Hawaiian sliders in The Bamboo Room and more hot wings in Playmakers.

Hmmm.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

The Bamboo Room

BuGlEef.jpg

This is a venue were I've hung out quite a few nights more than I'd like to admit.  Located on the deck 5 Promenade.  

TZDLcrt.jpg

pv1zxFx.jpg

First let's take a look around.

7RKf5Ga.jpg

KRyfiKT.jpg

YQmt56M.jpg

5F0kqcV.jpg

zu4LHMa.jpg

RrDGDRE.jpg

OCqN50f.jpg

Uia5sK9.jpg

YrdJ6Q9.jpg

Video display in the wall runs a loop of somewhere very pretty.  

3FBDXCI.jpg

Cliff hangs out in the corner to keep an eye on the place and occasionally speaks ups.

qJRTeGN.jpg

The drink menu is unique to the Bamboo Room and all mixed drinks are hand made.  While other bars may have pre-made Mojito mix or other frequently used mixer, every drink is hand made here to exacting standards.   There are two frozen drinks that have their own frozen drink dispenser so the frozen concoctions are not hand made.

oYXyIPN.jpg

sKnE6wv.jpg

j4Pqz3x.jpg

They have their own kitchen with unique offerings found no where else.

Over the course of the cruise I've sampled a couple of drinks (yay drink package!).  For the drinks on the left priced at $14 I was charged $1 plus 18% using the Deluxe drink package.

In many cases the glass used for each drink is unique and only found in The Bamboo Room.  

Here are some of the drinks I've enjoyed...

The Royal Zombie:

cYBJQJK.jpg

Bennie's Mai Tai (pretty sure):

ZuU5Aym.jpg

Penicillin (possibly):

woOGLTJ.jpg

Saturn Landing (maybe):

uMk82Uj.jpg

The Bamboo Room Mojito:

mxWdkdY.jpg

Hand Shaken Pina Colada (I think):

GbEHu2U.jpg

Bamboo Swizzle:

(BTW that is Zoltan who is personally responsible for a few near hangovers)

vhltMDv.jpg

Island Old Fashioned:

bfDjRm2.jpg

I can't remember:

UcuCOBg.jpg

I can't remember #2:

SxDf5hj.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of this drink on day 1 when I boarded Navigator.  It was literally the first drink I had.   So I'm going to cheat and borrow this photo from Mariner.  On the Run:

ACg5ieT.jpg

Is it common on all the RC ships to have a bunch of drinks $1 over what the drink package offers?  I bought the dx drink package thinking it would cover all the drinks.

8 minutes ago, LindaN said:

Is it common on all the RC ships to have a bunch of drinks $1 over what the drink package offers?  I bought the dx drink package thinking it would cover all the drinks.

No, not common but occasionally happens.

5 minutes ago, LindaN said:

There are always specialty drinks not included in the deluxe drink package.  Drinks in souvenir cups, drinks in pineapples, more expensive wines (there are some nice wines but you pay the difference).   Note they call the left side of the drink menu “Specialty Cocktails”.  The key word is ‘Specialty’ .   

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

There are always specialty drinks not included in the deluxe drink package.  Drinks in souvenir cups, drinks in pineapples, more expensive wines (there are some nice wines but you pay the difference).   Note they call the left side of the drink menu “Specialty Cocktails”.  The key word is ‘Specialty’ .   

I don’t drink wine.  You have to sugar up drinks for me to like them.  I guess at least I’ll only have to pay $1 for them.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

$1 plus 18% gratuity came to $1.18 total fro those drinks that were $14.

This has nothing to do with this post but.. Would it be possible for you to try and get a picture of the new menu at Jamie's Italian? Matt on his podcast this week noted there is a new menu but he said he forgot to take a picture of it and I am curious what is on this new menu. Thanks 

1 hour ago, AGSLC5 said:

This has nothing to do with this post but.. Would it be possible for you to try and get a picture of the new menu at Jamie's Italian? Matt on his podcast this week noted there is a new menu but he said he forgot to take a picture of it and I am curious what is on this new menu. Thanks 

I believe it’s the same menu from the Mariner. Jamie’s there also offers eggplant parm and has a slightly different menu than Oasis class. Here is a link to all Mariner menus. Of course, no hibachi on Navigator, Hooked instead:

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2018/08/mariner-of-the-seas-restaurant-guide/

32 minutes ago, Kris816 said:

I believe it’s the same menu from the Mariner.

It's my understanding that they've launched a brand new menu at Jamie's on Navigator.

I'm looking forward to eating there no matter what the menu, but also interested to see what's new. ? 

2 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

I have all menus and photos of the room but I'm waiting until I eat lunch there today to post about Jamie's.

Woohoo!  Bamboo Challenge complete (all drinks on the drink menu).

Hemingway Daiquiri:

xYIa6ds.jpg

Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders:

(Very good flavors)

nHTJItJ.jpg

Navy Grog:

VInvQn0.jpg

Jet Pilot (very similar to the Navy Grog):

DTvmYDZ.jpg

I asked what the "bowl" is like.  Some drinks are available for sharing and I was curious how big the 'bowl' was:

Here it is:

hVqw5IT.jpg

Next to my drink for a size comparison:

8txaJcK.jpg

2 hours ago, Kris816 said:

I believe it’s the same menu from the Mariner. Jamie’s there also offers eggplant parm and has a slightly different menu than Oasis class. Here is a link to all Mariner menus. Of course, no hibachi on Navigator, Hooked instead:

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2018/08/mariner-of-the-seas-restaurant-guide/

That's definitely not the same menu as on Navigator. The head chef for Jamie's Italian talked to us about the new menu that they are offering first on Navigator.

59 minutes ago, cbnsoul said:

Twangster,

Have you seen many (or any?) kids in the Bamboo Room?  My 12 year old son is really into Polynesian culture so would love to go but I wasn't sure if it is too adult oriented.

I haven't seen any kids but then again I've spent my time sitting at the bar not looking for them. 

Like any bar on the ship I imagine well behaved children would be welcome to sit with an adult.  Also there are times during the day it is empty with the bar closed.  It opens later in the afternoon.  Sometimes there has been a crew meeting and one day I saw a craft like activity going on so the space is used for other purposes like any public space.  I'm sure you could drop by in the morning or early afternoon and your son could check it out.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:34 PM, twangster said:

New to Navigator that I don't remember from Symphony is a segment where a lone skater performs with a single drone.  They move in coordination and perform together.  Set to strings of a solitary violin it is really well done. 

It ends with the drone lowering into the hands of the skater.

1Ledi3v.jpg

While Navigator does not have the 'Ice-a-rama" projection system like Symphony that projects video onto the ice surface it's a very engaging show and this cast nailed it perfectly.

First this picture really is truly amazing Twangster!  You have a way of capturing these moments like none other!  We all can't thank you enough!!!  

Hello my name is Michelle and I have enjoyed reading this blog for awhile now with such friendly, cruise loving people!!!!  Thanks also Matt for starting this wonderful blog.  You all have a way of taking us with you on all of your cruises that is so exciting and inspiring to want to try all of them even though we don't have enough vacation time!  Ugh!

I'm so over the top excited for my husband and my upcoming cruise on this wonderful "new" ship.  We were on her last March in this same itenerary and fell in love with Bonaire.  Already loved A and C!  Your pics make it really seem so new!  I really appreciate all the menus from everywhere and of course the main dining room too!  We are sailing your same itinerary starting on March 29th.  We have a 3 night dining package but I'm dying to also try the wings and sliders from Playmaker's.  It's my husband Bill's 59th Bday on April 2nd.

I was wondering if you could possibly post any cruise compasses since the app is not working yet.  I want to make sure we book our my time dining and our 3 night dining package restaurants around all the wonderful new shows.  Have they had many comedians on board by chance!?!  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Keep enjoying your wonderful cruise and keep the pics coming!  I'm so glad you tried all those drinks because well someone had to do it!  Right!?!  

Thanks Again!

Michelle

25 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement! said:

First this picture really is truly amazing Twangster!  You have a way of capturing these moments like none other!  We all can't thank you enough!!!  

Hello my name is Michelle and I have enjoyed reading this blog for awhile now with such friendly, cruise loving people!!!!  Thanks also Matt for starting this wonderful blog.  You all have a way of taking us with you on all of your cruises that is so exciting and inspiring to want to try all of them even though we don't have enough vacation time!  Ugh!

I'm so over the top excited for my husband and my upcoming cruise on this wonderful "new" ship.  We were on her last March in this same itenerary and fell in love with Bonaire.  Already loved A and C!  Your pics make it really seem so new!  I really appreciate all the menus from everywhere and of course the main dining room too!  We are sailing your same itinerary starting on March 29th.  We have a 3 night dining package but I'm dying to also try the wings and sliders from Playmaker's.  It's my husband Bill's 59th Bday on April 2nd.

I was wondering if you could possibly post any cruise compasses since the app is not working yet.  I want to make sure we book our my time dining and our 3 night dining package restaurants around all the wonderful new shows.  Have they had many comedians on board by chance!?!  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Keep enjoying your wonderful cruise and keep the pics coming!  I'm so glad you tried all those drinks because well someone had to do it!  Right!?!  

Thanks Again!

Michelle

Love your name!

22 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement! said:

Cruise Compass will be emailed to @Matt once I have them all.  He will post it here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=280

They had a comedian on day one during the welcome aboard show who also did a late night adult only session.  Once the cruise compass posts you'll see all that.

Thanks!

Day 7 - Bonaire

Woke up to rain so I worked for a bit.  Around noon it started to clear and turned into a very nice day.

oAllidl.jpg

SFAxSVM.jpg

But who came here to look at boring beach pictures when there is a "new" ship waiting for me?  So back to the ship!

From my virtual balcony I saw we were starting to sail away and noted a sunset in the making:

vwgNknK.jpg

Our sunset sail away from Bonaire.

qMeLeUh.jpg

xZHCzO6.jpg

Og8f4FC.jpg

soXAk6K.jpg

I haven't shown the new Navigator Dunes mini golf and with the sun setting in front of the ship this seemed like a good time to show it to you.

GzSsPKQ.jpg

R57Sn7B.jpg

uIpp54f.jpg

bCbRswX.jpg

tEKMGaJ.jpg

Yyezo1C.jpg

CcNSS2T.jpg

yqTKLrt.jpg

b0XvIZ4.jpg

NKxDGP1.jpg

3X6ueEm.jpg

EmhSFVz.jpg

xb4ZDYK.jpg

cslPK2O.jpg

Tf1bB1q.jpg

r3WrNrz.jpg

For anyone wondering if it's possible to be thrown off the ship by the Blaster water slide, the part over the edge of the ship has netting over it.

LwbmwM8.jpg

Even the Viking Crown Lounge has been refreshed.

QbLB1xd.jpg

0r4PfHI.jpg

x1kwxXu.jpg

As a point of reference these photos were taken just before 7pm which is still within the Diamond happy hour yet the Lounge is nearly empty and being enjoyed by a few guests who came up here to see the remains of the day.  Proof positive that moving the Diamond Lounge down to deck 5 has had an impact on the Viking Crown Lounge and it now can be enjoyed by all guests in these early evening hours.

DwFhHGI.jpg

xMNzmM3.jpg

bYxxbOV.jpg

The pool deck as seen from the Viking Crown.  

kIJsbpt.jpg

With that my eye caught the golden hour effect.  Time to take some more evening photos...

The Navigator was our first cruise ship, didn't look ANYTHING like this! Unfortunately, her itineraries are too short for us and the ports are of no interest to use. We are cruise booked for this year and next. Sabina, I know, "YOLO". But we're retired and "OGSMM" (only got so much money). :3_grin: And YES, please keep the photos coming @twangster, they are the bomb! :27_sunglasses:

Since I was in the neighborhood, here is the Solarium:

Y8Gzu9v.jpg

It's close to Mariner's AMPED Solarium.

loUyXCu.jpg

D19rmxf.jpg

Efu8V9J.jpg

5JCYDfL.jpg

FVyzgNK.jpg

Deck 11 forward received a series of new cabins that displaced the Vitality Spa gym that used to be in this area.  Here is the center entrance to the new cabin area.  

mbJ3ZXQ.jpg

There are also entrances port and starboard sides.