Navigator Mar. 1, 2019 - 9 Nights Southern Caribbean

twangster

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Day 3 dinner menu

PPW3BNb.jpg

i would order the shrimp ceviche and escargot...creamy wild mushroom risotto (had that on the Indy in December OMGOODNESS)...creme brulee AND the warm dark chocolate cookie with ice cream.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Day 3 - Labadee

Navigator is like a new ship so have to use all the regular spots to photograph her "first" visit to Labadee.

beautiful, just BEE-YOU-TEEE-FULLLLL!!!  Of course, when I am in Labadee, I'll be on the Harmony, but really, really looking forward to it!!!

On 3/3/2019 at 9:00 AM, twangster said:

New Voom login pages.  An option for guests with no Voom plan who want to use the app and for guests who purchase Voom onboard it now uses a 4 digit pin instead of a password.

Q6IQaOi.jpg

PC440bs.jpg

If you have logged into a paid Voom plan and reached your limit on the number of devices it knows that but now gives you the option of kicking the other devices off and switch devices:

hkr7GfT.jpg

Once connected:

3AOe3da.jpg

Note the new URL "guest.onboardicafe.com"

Going to be on Allure next week. Just wondering if this new way of logging in affects the use of travel routers (I've read up here and there that you've rec'md and been successful in use)? I've bought a one device...just hoping that I can get it to work!

53 minutes ago, JennyB said:

Are the smoothies included in the Refreshment Package?

Yes, DX or Refreshment package, not the soda package.

Here on Navigator they are made with syrup, the same syrups that are used to mix frozen drinks.  The one I had wasn't the best smoothie I've had. 

If I recall on Oasis class in the Vitality Spa they use frozen fruit.

1 hour ago, pheeshee said:

Going to be on Allure next week. Just wondering if this new way of logging in affects the use of travel routers (I've read up here and there that you've rec'md and been successful in use)? I've bought a one device...just hoping that I can get it to work!

You'll have to let us know.  Symphony wasn't using this new system in November so who knows what ships are using it?

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Love that the soft serve is no longer self serve!

I do too.  I am a parent, so please don't flame, but after my 1st cruise with RCCL I never went for soft serve ice cream ever again.  I have stood in line behind 10 yr olds (no parent) that has decided they will make an ice cream cone so high that it collapsed, and re-started it all over again.

I always have a DBP.  I now get a Virgin Pina Colada, Strawberry Daquiri, or a milk shake at JR.  Same results...cold, sweet, etc. and best part is I won't wait in line forever, to only get to the front of the line and find out that the machine is down.

40 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

Any pics/info on kids rooms/activities? 

No.  Two reasons...  They don't allow nor would I take pictures of someone else's children, and more importantly it's not open yet.  

They've been improvising such as having a session on the basketball court doing some children's activities that would normally occur in Adventure Ocean but I didn't try to take pictures of that. 

Starbucks

Deck 4 near the aft elevators.  They accept SeaPass card and just about all the normal land based Starbucks forms of payments such as gift cards, rewards and the Starbucks  app.  This can vary from ship to ship but like Mariner they seem to have learned from the Oasis class experience and it functions more like a land based Starbucks you might find within a grocery store or within a 3rd party retail store.

kWkFaBm.jpg

d06RJv0.jpg

4jPzwH6.jpg

8g9N3hZ.jpg

F45eX1J.jpg

hLCRm4i.jpg

Uu29irc.jpg

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Starbucks

Deck 4 near the aft elevators.  They accept SeaPass card and just about all the normal land based Starbucks forms of payments such as gift cards, rewards and the Starbucks  app.  This can vary from ship to ship but like Mariner they seem to have learned from the Oasis class experience and it functions more like a land based Starbucks you might find within a grocery store or within a 3rd party retail store.

kWkFaBm.jpg

d06RJv0.jpg

4jPzwH6.jpg

8g9N3hZ.jpg

F45eX1J.jpg

hLCRm4i.jpg

Uu29irc.jpg

THAAAAAAAANKYOUUUUUUUUUUU FOR CHECKING!!!!

Tonight was the second showing of iSkate in Studio B.

I always take in the skating shows and iSkate did not disappoint.

It starts with drones much like on Symphony.  It's hard to capture the drones in still photos because they are choreographed and fly in sync and formation which can only be experienced live in person.  

SuE3hMv.jpg

SYADR0h.jpg

n3YcvNh.jpg

s7rCF7k.jpg

aAoH3Xl.jpg

z3hFOad.jpg

cWa2uFb.jpg

TCIEyrb.jpg

mMfEdDL.jpg

S9bNm1L.jpg

encBe1m.jpg

New to Navigator that I don't remember from Symphony is a segment where a lone skater performs with a single drone.  They move in coordination and perform together.  Set to strings of a solitary violin it is really well done. 

LfyYf4v.jpg

It ends with the drone lowering into the hands of the skater.

1Ledi3v.jpg

R25blfh.jpg

While Navigator does not have the 'Ice-a-rama" projection system like Symphony that projects video onto the ice surface it's a very engaging show and this cast nailed it perfectly.

GNIJphD.jpg

of19QPb.jpg

KpiXmod.jpg

RNOqaxM.jpg

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

Back on board still in golden hour I had a few drinks at the Lime and Coconut.

I'm only here for the nighttime twangster photos

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

New to Navigator that I don't remember from Symphony is a segment where a lone skater performs with a single drone.  They move in coordination and perform together.  Set to strings of a solitary violin it is really well done. 

I thought that was new but could not recall. It's a nice touch!

My virtual balcony started working!  Mostly.  

Interesting on Navigator this is a forward facing camera.  There is another ship at the pier in front of us that you see in the display.  The view appears to be from the bridge area on the starboard side looking forward.  Technically this wall in my cabin is the forward wall.  In other virtual balconies on ships like Anthem or Explorer my virtual balcony had side views.

iOUGYUp.jpg

They are still fine tuning the system.  The display goes blank at times and the railing changes.  

y2bJWak.jpg

I suspect this darker railing is supposed to kick in when it's dark out but it's been kicking in and out throughout the day.

ZLh8er2.jpg

It's a work in progress but good to see them making progress.

Very interesting.  Navigator was the very first ship to receive the virtual balcony technology way back in 2014.  We went on it when she was sailing out of Galveston just to try the VB.  I guess they must have upgraded the whole system as part of the Amped upgrade. We loved it !  Glad yours is finally coming online.

The Bamboo Room

BuGlEef.jpg

This is a venue were I've hung out quite a few nights more than I'd like to admit.  Located on the deck 5 Promenade.  

TZDLcrt.jpg

pv1zxFx.jpg

First let's take a look around.

7RKf5Ga.jpg

KRyfiKT.jpg

YQmt56M.jpg

5F0kqcV.jpg

zu4LHMa.jpg

RrDGDRE.jpg

OCqN50f.jpg

Uia5sK9.jpg

YrdJ6Q9.jpg

Video display in the wall runs a loop of somewhere very pretty.  

3FBDXCI.jpg

Cliff hangs out in the corner to keep an eye on the place and occasionally speaks ups.

qJRTeGN.jpg

The drink menu is unique to the Bamboo Room and all mixed drinks are hand made.  While other bars may have pre-made Mojito mix or other frequently used mixer, every drink is hand made here to exacting standards.   There are two frozen drinks that have their own frozen drink dispenser so the frozen concoctions are not hand made.

oYXyIPN.jpg

sKnE6wv.jpg

j4Pqz3x.jpg

They have their own kitchen with unique offerings found no where else.

Over the course of the cruise I've sampled a couple of drinks (yay drink package!).  For the drinks on the left priced at $14 I was charged $1 plus 18% using the Deluxe drink package.

In many cases the glass used for each drink is unique and only found in The Bamboo Room.  

Here are some of the drinks I've enjoyed...

The Royal Zombie:

cYBJQJK.jpg

Bennie's Mai Tai (pretty sure):

ZuU5Aym.jpg

Penicillin (possibly):

woOGLTJ.jpg

Saturn Landing (maybe):

uMk82Uj.jpg

The Bamboo Room Mojito:

mxWdkdY.jpg

Hand Shaken Pina Colada (I think):

GbEHu2U.jpg

Bamboo Swizzle:

(BTW that is Zoltan who is personally responsible for a few near hangovers)

vhltMDv.jpg

Island Old Fashioned:

bfDjRm2.jpg

I can't remember:

UcuCOBg.jpg

I can't remember #2:

SxDf5hj.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of this drink on day 1 when I boarded Navigator.  It was literally the first drink I had.   So I'm going to cheat and borrow this photo from Mariner.  On the Run:

ACg5ieT.jpg

7 minutes ago, SuperStarian said:

I have heard conflicting information on the virtual balconies... Do they or do they not have accompanying sound?

No sound.  Like other ship's where I've had a VB there is a separate remote control so you can turn it off.  I tried cranking the volume using that remote and there is no sound.