Navigator Mar. 1, 2019 - 9 Nights Southern Caribbean

twangster

Johnny Rocket's Express Update

Beverage packages not accepted for milkshakes with or without a meal.

Ultimate Dining Package - This question was met with uncertainty.  They huddled and discussed it then proclaimed UDP does work here.  I wasn't left with a lot of confidence in that answer.  I don't have the UDP so can't test it.     

Playmakers Update

I saw the manager/officer that I saw on Symphony again.  He is the one that tends to work on ships when Playmaker's launches on them.  

The Ultimate Dining Package does not work here on Navigator at Playmakers but he acknowledged that on some ships the UDP does work at Playmakers.  It's up to the ship, not a fleet standard.  

On 3/2/2019 at 10:57 AM, twangster said:

For those seeking the Coca Cola Freestyle drink dispensers there are four on Navigator now.  Two in the Windjammer, one port side and one on starboard in the middle of the Windjammer near the windows plus two in the Promenade near Cafe Promenade.

thanks for that.  Someone said at some point in the past couple of weeks that NOTS wasn't going to have them.. I was worried...taking 2 16yo boys...they are excited about those. 

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Johnny Rocket's Express Update

Ultimate Dining Package - This question was met with uncertainty.  They huddled and discussed it then proclaimed UDP does work here.  I wasn't left with a lot of confidence in that answer.  I don't have the UDP so can't test it.     

That is a heck of a lot grub you could get with a $35 dining credit. Sure the beverage clause would kick in so no shakes.

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

Playmakers Update

I saw the manager/officer that I saw on Symphony again.  He is the one that tends to work on ships when Playmaker's launches on them.  

The Ultimate Dining Package does not work here on Navigator at Playmakers but he acknowledged that on some ships the UDP does work at Playmakers.  It's up to the ship, not a fleet standard.  

Do you know if the drinks in Playmakers are included with the Ultimate Drink Package or are they Ala Carte as well?

On 3/3/2019 at 9:17 AM, twangster said:

The "Stowaway Piano" has made it to Navigator.  First observed on Harmony and Symphony another example how Navigator is like a new ship.

There was one on the Independence in December 2018 ?  FUN!

2 minutes ago, JennyB said:

sooo...what is the Peak-A-Boo bridge?

Unique feature of Voyager class.  It's a forward public deck with windows looking down into the bridge. 

Navigator used to have one.  

Here is a description from Adventure of the Seas (sister ship).

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/6297-adventure-5-nights-5518-repositioning-san-juan-to-bayonne/&do=findComment&comment=68057

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:20 AM, WannaCruise said:

That's awesome.  We saw him on Independence too.  Very funny.  Haven't even told our kids about him (as they weren't on Independence with us) and hoping we'll bump into him (or his clone..lol) in an elevator on Symphony next week.  Such a funny concept and brings a smile to your face 

He's made it to Mariner too.

@twangsterthose dusk 2 nightfall shots of the pool area and Lime & Coconut remind me so much of the roof top atmosphere at the Rio or Drai's Beach Club in Vegas. Exactly what I was hoping for. Great shots dude...you did an excellent job capturing mood & atmosphere. Love it! ?(using this emoji like a "shaka" Hawaiian for "hang loose") friendly gesture.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have it in writing from Royal that it will cover Playmakers on Symphony ?

Why am I not surprised at the inconsistency?

That and $9 ($12 CAD) will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.  

What am I saying?   Flash that Star Class card and you have few worries ?

41 minutes ago, twangster said:

What am I saying?   Flash that Star Class card and you have few worries ?<span><span>

So wish I took advantage of Playmakers more on Symphony. Still kicking myself for not trying the Campfire cookie.

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have it in writing from Royal that it will cover Playmakers on Symphony ?

Why am I not surprised at the inconsistency?

While that may be, the last thing I want to do on a cruise is argue with the staff in a restaurant about what’s covered.  We bought our meal and enjoyed it regardless of the technicalities. 

20 hours ago, twangster said:

Not surprised to hear that answer

Definitely sounds like a "YMMV" situation.

Pretty darn sure UDP worked for us at Playmakers on Symphony.  I'd just keep asking until a server goes for it.