The view from my office in Miami today!

RDDAILY

I admit I haven't really been keeping up with Royal Caribbean news, so when I saw this ship from my office window this morning, I was a bit surprised!  After staring at the bow for a little bit, I was finally able to read the name, Navigator of the Seas!  She looks absolutely amazing!  We went on Mariner last year, and would love to go on Navigator in the near future.

IMG_4347.jpg

2 hours ago, RDDAILY said:

I admit I haven't really been keeping up with Royal Caribbean news, so when I saw this ship from my office window this morning, I was a bit surprised!  After staring at the bow for a little bit, I was finally able to read the name, Navigator of the Seas!  She looks absolutely amazing!  We went on Mariner last year, and would love to go on Navigator in the near future.

IMG_4347.jpg

Now that is a view!

Off topic, but I'll be staying nearby at the JW Marriott at the end of April, and I'd love to get some recommendations for a nice dinner spot near our hotel.  

10 minutes ago, VolFanInGa said:

What part of MN?  Used to live in Elk River, and work in Minnetonka. Sadly, I miss a real winter.  Granted, I was ready for it to be gone by March, but I do miss the snow.

South Metro (Farmington). We're still in the single digits when we should be in the low 30s..

1 hour ago, VolFanInGa said:

Now that is a view!

Off topic, but I'll be staying nearby at the JW Marriott at the end of April, and I'd love to get some recommendations for a nice dinner spot near our hotel.  

Joe's Stone Crab, South Beach area, very, very good sea food restaurant, on the expensive side for dinner.

16 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Well this sucks, all i'm seeing from my office window is ice...

:4_joy:   I'm the first to admit that I'm always complaining about Miami traffic (and Miami drivers)!  But I think our weather kind of makes up for it a little bit :10_wink:

13 hours ago, VolFanInGa said:

Now that is a view!

VolFanInGa - Hi!  The JW Marriott is a beautiful hotel.  You will love it!  As far as dinner, I guess it depends on what type of food you would like!  In the downtown area, Fratelli Milano has amazing, fresh Italian food.  Cvi.che 105 has some of the freshest ceviche and seafood you could ever have.  Just across the Brickell Bridge (about a two minute Uber ride from your hotel), you have Capital Grille.  It's probably one of the best known restaurants in the area.  Brickell has a ton of really good restaurants.  If you have a couple of hours to spare and want dinner with a view, you can go to Bayside Marketplace.  It's on the bay, and has great shopping and restaurants.  There's a Hard Rock Café, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and many other places to eat.  You can always Google all of these places to see their menus, etc.  If you would like a specific type of food, I'll be more than happy to give you some more suggestions!  :14_relaxed:

12 hours ago, bhageerah said:

I will gladly take a view of ice, and snow and ESPECIALLY the view of Navigator of the Seas over a trauma bay in the ER any day!!!!?Yes I am officially jealous!  I truly think that it would be hard to get my work done if that was my view though! 

Hi! I'm sure you love the work that you do, but I can understand why you would prefer my view :10_wink:  I have to say, one of the best things about where I work is that I get to see all of the new/remodeled ships when they come into port.  I was already booked on the Mariner when she docked here in Miami, and I was literally jumping up and down with excitement when I first saw her!  Pretty sure some of my co-workers thought I was a little bit crazy!!  I remember when Symphony docked, I thought holy crap that's a big ship!!  I've also been able to see the new terminal being built from the ground up.  I guess I can't complain!

34 minutes ago, RDDAILY said:

VolFanInGa - Hi!  The JW Marriott is a beautiful hotel.  You will love it!  As far as dinner, I guess it depends on what type of food you would like!  In the downtown area, Fratelli Milano has amazing, fresh Italian food.  Cvi.che 105 has some of the freshest ceviche and seafood you could ever have.  Just across the Brickell Bridge (about a two minute Uber ride from your hotel), you have Capital Grille.  It's probably one of the best known restaurants in the area.  Brickell has a ton of really good restaurants.  If you have a couple of hours to spare and want dinner with a view, you can go to Bayside Marketplace.  It's on the bay, and has great shopping and restaurants.  There's a Hard Rock Café, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and many other places to eat.  You can always Google all of these places to see their menus, etc.  If you would like a specific type of food, I'll be more than happy to give you some more suggestions!  :14_relaxed:

Thanks for the tips.  We'll be in town for meetings, and typically like to take customers out to cool local places with creative menus. Cvi.che 105 looks amazing.  

4 hours ago, RDDAILY said:

Cvi.che 105 has some of the freshest ceviche and seafood you could ever have.  

This is great to know. I was going to go when I was there in early Feb, but I didn't really want to go alone, so it's on our list for next Feb when I'm there with my husband.  Or next December when I'm there with girlfriends, but I doubt I can talk them into that one.

5 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

This is great to know. I was going to go when I was there in early Feb, but I didn't really want to go alone, so it's on our list for next Feb when I'm there with my husband.  Or next December when I'm there with girlfriends, but I doubt I can talk them into that one.

Do it, you won't regret it!!

My family and I went on Liberty of the Seas in 2007 (during her inaugural season), and I fell in love with Royal Caribbean almost immediately. The next summer, we sailed on Adventure of the Seas. I was slightly disappointed that cruise because I felt I was on the less pretty cousin. I basically said to my self, Freedom class or bigger for the future.

Last year, we had an opportunity to go on Mariner of the Seas after she was Royal Amplified. What a difference that made! I'd have no problem going on any Royal Amplified Voyager-class ship now, and will be doing so in June 2020 (Explorer of the Seas).

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

My family and I went on Liberty of the Seas in 2007 (during her inaugural season), and I fell in love with Royal Caribbean almost immediately. The next summer, we sailed on Adventure of the Seas. I was slightly disappointed that cruise because I felt I was on the less pretty cousin. I basically said to my self, Freedom class or bigger for the future.

Last year, we had an opportunity to go on Mariner of the Seas after she was Royal Amplified. What a difference that made! I'd have no problem going on any Royal Amplified Voyager-class ship now, and will be doing so in June 2020 (Explorer of the Seas).

How have you been, Marc ?  Haven’t heard from you in ages.