Miami Airport to Port of Miami

nrgMike

Hi.

I realize flying in on a embarkation day is advised against but I'll probably be doing that for my first cruise in October 2019. Anybody know is there traffic or challenges getting to the Miami port. Of course I'd be taking the transfer or an uber from the airport. Just wanted to know if anyone had experience going to Miami port arriving same day. Let me know.

Thank You,

@nrgMike I'm doing the same thing, flying in morning of landing at 9:30am local time. From the research I've done, the airport is about 8 miles (really close) from port and you can use a ride share or the taxis also have a flat rate of $27/ride (not per PERSON) to the Port of Miami. I'd assume they make that jaunt often. It also lists avg Uber/XL and Lyft prices. Here is the website I got my info from when I was looking:

https://www.cruzely.com/getting-to-the-miami-cruise-port/

It's always a risk coming in day of, but if you do risk it coming in that early I don't think you'll have a problem.  Fingers crossed no issues with my 5:45am flight to Miami come April. I hoped getting in early at 9:30am would give me a little leeway should we get delayed for a couple hours for some reason.

We flew into Miami day of for our Nov 2018 Thanksgiving cruise on the Allure.  My flight was nonstop from Philly and my sister's was nonstop from Atlanta.  I got in around 11:15 & my sister around 12.  We got our luggage, waited about 10 minutes for our Uber (not sure what the Uber cost my sister paid).  We were on the ship by 1:00.  I have always flown in the morning of for over 20 years and I always make sure that I have a backup plan and travel insurance.