Mariner 3/8/19 CocoCay Cancelled

Just FYI - I was also supposed to go to CocoCay this coming weekend on Enchantment. The email stated that we would get reimbursed credit for 1 day as On Board Credit when we boarded. Any unused OBC will get refunded to the credit card on file.

At some point this was inevitable.  The bridge from the pier side to the beach side has to be physically placed there.  When it is, no more tenders can enter the tender lagoon.  Placing the bridge, securing it, building walkways, safety inspections, etc. all takes time. 

During this phase of construction it would be hard to accomodate guests.   Whether it happened in June 2018 or March 2019 it was going to happen at some point.  Guests are rerouted and life goes on.  The fact that it is actually happening now is encouraging and a sign that the pier is very close to finally being here.

I just finished lunch with our hotel director here on Navigator.  This is the last cruise of his current contract.  When he returns from his break he is becoming the manager at CocoCay and he will live there full time.  The pier is basically finished but the bridge is not in place yet.  Any day now for the bridge but the pier is ready to accept ships.  

Just now, twangster said:

I just finished lunch with our hotel director here on Navigator.  This is the last cruise of his current contract.  When he returns from his break he is becoming the manager at CocoCay and he will live there full time.  The pier is basically finished but the bridge is not in place yet.  Any day now for the bridge but the pier is ready to accept ships.  

NOW !  THAT is some reliable intel !  Good on you, Twangster.  Pretty cool to live on CC....I guess.  Did he say if his family (assuming he has one) is able to live there with him ?

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Did he say if his family (assuming he has one) is able to live there with him ?

His family is on board with us right now, but his son is at the age where he needs to enter the school system full time.  I didn't ask specifically about his family on CocoCay but my best guess is that he will have his son schooled in his home country.  That's speculation on my part.  Super nice guy.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

At some point this was inevitable.  The bridge from the pier side to the beach side has to be physically placed there.  When it is, no more tenders can enter the tender lagoon.  Placing the bridge, securing it, building walkways, safety inspections, etc. all takes time. 

During this phase of construction it would be hard to accomodate guests.   Whether it happened in June 2018 or March 2019 it was going to happen at some point.  Guests are rerouted and life goes on.  The fact that it is actually happening now is encouraging and a sign that the pier is very close to finally being here.

Yup..just most ppl didn't book for March expecting this..based on the fact that the dock was supposed to be done in Sept of last year....while you can't predict delays....I don't think it would unreasonable for ppl to expect the dock to be there and not dealing with cancellations for tendering when it was announced it would be done in Sept.....

I should be safe for next year when I plan on visiting again...I hope..lol