Cigar lounges?

cobra614

1 hour ago, cobra614 said:

Are there any cigar lounges on Symphony of the seas? If not, can they be smoked wherever smoking is allowed, and where would those places be?

Also, I think I saw that torch lighters are not allowed on board,  majority of cigar smokers use these. Will I be stuck using matches?

For whatever is worth, my dad and I were smoking a cigar on the pool deck aboard Symphony and the man next to us had a cigar torch (I borrowed it to light my cigar!)

15 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Have not been on Symphony but all of the other O class ships allow cigars in the smoking area.

Yes, I believe starboard side pool deck 15? It’s really not a great situation. I like to smoke an occasional cigar but I can’t stand the smell of cigarette smoke and basically the only spot you can smoke is a plume of cigarette smoke. There is a positive though, the cocktail servers frequent the area so it’s really easy to get a drink. I really do wish they made a dedicated cigar lounge. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Yes, I believe starboard side pool deck 15? It’s really not a great situation. I like to smoke an occasional cigar but I can’t stand the smell of cigarette smoke and basically the only spot you can smoke is a plume of cigarette smoke. There is a positive though, the cocktail servers frequent the area so it’s really easy to get a drink. I really do wish they made a dedicated cigar lounge. 

I go to the next level up (16), another small pool bar, they usually have ash trays up there also, I can't stand cigarettes either

I've never had any issue using this DOT approved case for my torch lighters when flying.  It just has to be in my checked baggage.   That being said, i've never tried to use it to bring a torch lighter on a cruise.   I may have to inquire about it because i'm 58 days out for LOS and i'd love to have it in the Con Club.  I mainly smoke big gauge cigars and a triple torch is a heck of a lot easier to light than a standard bic or matches.

tranzpack.jpg

11 minutes ago, Todd W said:

I've never had any issue using this DOT approved case for my torch lighters when flying.  It just has to be in my checked baggage.   That being said, i've never tried to use it to bring a torch lighter on a cruise.   I may have to inquire about it because i'm 58 days out for LOS and i'd love to have it in the Con Club.  I mainly smoke big gauge cigars and a triple torch is a heck of a lot easier to light than a standard bic or matches.

tranzpack.jpg

I put my torch lighter in my hard travel case with my cigars that was in my checked bag and didn't have any issues.

2 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I put my torch lighter in my hard travel case with my cigars that was in my checked bag and didn't have any issues.

Thanks for the follow up John, I appreciate knowing this!    i never travel with my good torches so at the very least, i'm out 15 bucks or so. 

30 minutes ago, Todd W said:

Thanks for the follow up John, I appreciate knowing this!    i never travel with my good torches so at the very least, i'm out 15 bucks or so. 

I took my Xikar with me, but I ended up running out of butane before the week was over so I had to switch to matches or begging a light from a cigarette smoker.

I don't feel comfortable enough to carry extra butane with me though.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

The last ship we were on my husband was stuck out on deck with cigarette smokers and it’s two different type of people. My daughter is a cruise travel agent and she is able to tell me which ships still have a cigar bars and they’re usually the older ships ….because he won’t go again if there is not one! Apparently they weren’t making enough money for the space😳