Pools on Harmony: What are the pro/cons/differences?

Tigerlaw

First Time Harmony Cruiser here with here some newbie questions on the Harmony's pools.

Can someone describe the major differences between the three pools?

Is one better than the other and if so why?

Which ones gets more crowded than the others?

Which ones are easier to find chairs for in the morning?

Which pool if any two people try to reserve spots for in advance?

I've been reading some Trip reviews lately and I'm getting concerned about the crowds at the pools and all the spots being reserved first thing in the morning, so I hope some Harmonyb eterans can give me the inside scoop.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I can't completely remember, but one is the kids area and the other two are essentially side by side?  There is no pool in the adults only solarium.  I don't recall a big difference in any of them and they are all equally crowded.  

If it is a sea day and you want to hang out by the pool with some shade, you better be up really early if you want more than 1 chair.  I was really surprised that at 8 am on a sea day the majority of chairs with shade were "taken".  By late morning just about every chair will be gone, aside from a solo chair in between people here and there, or a few on the top deck in wide open sun.  My family likes to enjoy the pool area for most of the day on sea days, but I can't be in complete sun.  So I just get up early, before 8 and go grab some chairs and unlike most people actually stay there.  My wife will take the kids to breakfast, and when they come back I will go grab something, and then by 9-10 am we are all at the pool for the day, but at no point do we just throw our stuff on chairs and leave.  It always amazes me that I will get there so early and see all the chairs around me saved (towels, bags on them, etc.) and people won't show up until 10-11 am, sometimes later.  That is so rude to me, but despite what anyone says, it is rampant and very common and the staff don't seem to do much about it.  It's my only real gripe about cruising.     

1 hour ago, Tigerlaw said:

First Time Harmony Cruiser here with here some newbie questions on the Harmony's pools.

Can someone describe the major differences between the three pools?

Is one better than the other and if so why?

Which ones gets more crowded than the others?

Which ones are easier to find chairs for in the morning?

Which pool if any two people try to reserve spots for in advance?

I've been reading some Trip reviews lately and I'm getting concerned about the crowds at the pools and all the spots being reserved first thing in the morning, so I hope some Harmonyb eterans can give me the inside scoop.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Outside of the one pool that is adults only they’re pretty much the same. On our December sailing we were able to get chairs pretty easy. The chairs near the water slide exits seemed to get a bit more noisey as people were running around. 

if I remember when I get home I’ll attach some of the pictures. Tried to from a plane but they kept failing. 

24 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Outside of the one pool that is adults only they’re pretty much the same. On our December sailing we were able to get chairs pretty easy. The chairs near the water slide exits seemed to get a bit more noisey as people were running around. 

if I remember when I get home I’ll attach some of the pictures. Tried to from a plane but they kept failing. 

Thanks so much for the picture offer! Which of the three pools is adults only on the harmony? I thought there was no adults only pool on the harmony because they did not include one in the solarium?

Just now, Tigerlaw said:

Thanks so much for the picture offer! Which of the three pools is adults only on the harmony? I thought there was no adults only pool on the harmony because they did not include one in the solarium?

Just now, Jaymac Radio said:

Not Any Of Them 

When we were on December the Sports pool (to your left after exiting the aft elevators) was marked as adults only with a big red sign. We didn’t see it on embarkation afternoon and was asked to take our daughter to one of the other pools

From memory the 4 pools are..

Kids zone

Beach pool.. chair area slopes down into water - no pool edge

Normal pool

Sports pool - often volleyball matches and games happening - if not just a normal pool

We sailed April 2017 and never had a problem getting a chair around at least one of the pools. Never saw any adults only signs.

8 minutes ago, Tigerlaw said:

Which of the three pools is adults only on the harmony?

4 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Not Any Of Them 

2 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

When we were on December the Sports pool (to your left after exiting the aft elevators) was marked as adults only with a big red sign. We didn’t see it on embarkation afternoon and was asked to take our daughter to one of the other pools

This was discussed in another thread and I had several people comment the same thing (I asked the same question) on Harmony, so I assumed possibly since there is not a Solarium pool, this was a way Royal was trying to get around that issue. Royal knows the demographics of their cruises, if they have a cruise with less kids more adults, maybe this is something they do since it is a sign that can be put out or put away.

Of the main pools, the difference is mostly ambiance, in my opinion. 

The one that gets more crowded is whichever hosts events listed in the Cruise Compass. So kids pool area will be least crowded. Or at least, I always have the best luck finding chairs in that vicinity.