Kids Club 11 yo & 12 yo - can they be together?

mountaingirl

Welcome to the message boards!

Your best bet will be to visit Adventure Ocean upon boarding and talk to the staff there.  They will listen to the circumstances and depending on number of kids on board they may be able to accomodate.  March can be a high time for kids due to spring break and they won't over crowd the program so visit early.  Sometimes they can be pretty strict for all the right reasons.   

With my children and then my grandchildren they were rather accommodating if space allows and that days activities are appropriate. Sometimes they will even combine age groups for some activities. As stated before, stop in at first registration opportunity and discuss it with staff. Even if first denied, check back after the first day and recheck as they will have a better idea of actual number of kids. Once they moved my one child to a different group due to maturity level.

My son had his 12th birthday a week after our Spring Break cruise and AO denied our request to move up.  Its Spring Break, there are a ton of kids onboard and because of that they tend to be very strict about the ages in AO.  The hardest was when he was 11/12.  I would prepare the kids that they won't be allowed to move up or down especially if you are traveling the 3rd or 4th week in March.  You may be lucky but I would expect not.  There will probably be a registration for the teen club (I've seen it after muster drill the first night) and you can ask then.

Now the 11 yo can be a self signer.  You should decide if you'll allow the 11 and 12 yo to wander the ship themselves and where they can go.  Many kids do not participate in the teen club activities but use it as a meeting place for their new friends.

• 3 weeks later...

Following...I’ll have a 10 and 12 year old and would love for them to be together.  

This sure seems to be a reoccurring theme.  And I know there’s no perfect solution when kids are on the borders of age groups.  But it’s still a bit frustrating for parents that want to have some reliable adult time.