Costa Maya massage

Jedi Jason

We are going to Costa Maya in October on Harmony.  Its our first time going there and I have heard there may be inexpensive massages available in this port.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  I was also considering going to Maya Chan for our day there and not sure what they offer there for massage services.   Most of the information I can find is regarding Mahahual.  I am curious about rates and quality of massage regardless of location.

If you go into Mahaual, you can get a very inexpensive massage right on the beach.  We have always paid $20 for an hour but they always try and get you to pay more. Just insist that you will not pay more and then give them a nice tip.

Do NOT let anyone “find” or “arrange” a massage for you.  Find your own masseuse.  If you let someone help you, they will double the price and keep half for themselves.  It’s easy to find a masseuse. Their tables are set up all along the beach. 

On 2/28/2019 at 1:31 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you go into Mahaual, you can get a very inexpensive massage right on the beach.  We have always paid $20 for an hour but they always try and get you to pay more. Just insist that you will not pay more and then give them a nice tip.

Do NOT let anyone “find” or “arrange” a massage for you.  Find your own masseuse.  If you let someone help you, they will double the price and keep half for themselves.  It’s easy to find a masseuse. Their tables are set up all along the beach. 

Thanks for the advice.

On 2/27/2019 at 6:47 PM, bellemiche said:

We've been to Maya Chan twice and love it. I didn't have a massage but they charge $25 for a half hour.

It's not as cheap as Mahaual but still a lot better than on the ship.  We haven't been to Maya Chan or Costa Maya before but I definitely am considering it.  We already have Coco Cay and El Cozumeleno in Cozumel so not sure if we will book another beach day or not but it doesn't seem like there is anything especially unique at this port so we probably will do some sort of beach thing.

• 1 month later...