Why bring water?

Mitch

Some people have a strongly preferred bottled water brand, or just want to have bottled water. 

Bottled water on board is for purchase, unless you've pre-purchased one of the drink packages that include it. This includes the Refreshment and Deluxe packages - the main difference being alcohol (Deluxe) and non-alcohol (Refreshment) package selections. 

However, the tap water on board is totally fine and glasses of non-bottled water are also available. If you do choose to bring your own water bottle to fill and carry with you, keep in mind if you take water from one of the public buffet areas you will have to take a clean glass and then dump that glass into your drinking vessel and repeat to fill the bottle. This is due to health codes on board, so that your drinking vessel doesn't touch the water tap and contaminate it.  

Beverages available without any drink package needed are standard coffees and teas, water, milk, lemonade, and some selections of juices. 

We used to bring water on every cruise then I got tired of toting it around the ship.  I do like my water cold and with the advent of the YETI tumbler, and bottles I now can fill that monster up at my leisure and keep my stuff cold all day long.  There are filling stations around the ship in various venues, the main thing to remember is that you can not fill your bottle directly from the filling station, you have to use a cup then transfer the water and ice to your bottle.  

• Matt changed the title to Why bring water?
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, MomDaze said:

We are indeed allowed to bring a case of bottled water onboard?  

Yes, you may bring up to 12 bottles/cans of non-alcoholic beverages onboard in your carry-on luggage.

1 hour ago, MomDaze said:

How about PB & J? I have a picky eater who might not like the PB&J onboard, and sometimes it’s the only way to get protein in him.

Sure, far less restrictions on food.  

Frankly, I think you're underestimating the variety of food options onboard.

Another thought: the water in the Windjammer and usually the exercise/spa area is filtered, and you can fill your sport bottles with paper cups (For health reasons you are not allowed to fill directly into bottles).  Plain ship's water usually has a LOT of chlorine - safe but not very good tasting.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:36 PM, Mitch said:

I guess I'm just nervous because this trip is on a ship and I'm flying. Most of our trips we drive. 

I read about people bringing water, buying water. Why? Is the water from the sink not good to fill my travel mug?

The water from the sink in the cabin is not very good in my opinion however the free water from around the ship is good. I think people just get obsessed with bottle water but I think the free water is fine. 

On 2/27/2019 at 3:44 PM, ama537621 said:

The water from the sink is probably better than bottled water.  In the past I have purchased water from Carnival that we used for when we left for excursions.  Since RCL only has crap Evian water to pre purchase I will bring a 12 pack on board with us to use for excursions. 

We do the same thing, drink the water on board, but we fill our water bottles with ice cubes, then use the bottled water to fill them up when we're on excursions.  

Used to carry a backpack full with bottle waters and hated the first day for it ? .

Now I will only bring the two bottle of wines and 2 to 4 bottles to have them in the cabin , I will buy some more during,  usually on shore or if needed , fill them up. We drink the water in the WJ /MDR/park Cafe  etc ... they are quite good.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:11 AM, MomDaze said:

So that was going to be my question. We are indeed allowed to bring a case of bottled water onboard?  How about PB & J? I have a picky eater who might not like the PB&J onboard, and sometimes it’s the only way to get protein in him.

You can bring on UNOPENED prepackaged food -- so a fresh jar of PB&J should be fine.  The mini fridge in your room isn't truly cold, but even though you are supposed to refrigerate opened jars of jelly, there's too much sugar in them to go bad if you keep them reasonably cool.   Bread might be a problem to bring on board, unless it's in a vacuum sealed package, but unless he's super picky about bread too, just bring some sandwich baggies on board & pick up bread at the windjammer (buffet restaurant).  Keep in mind that you cannot bring food OFF the ship unless it is still in sealed packaging (ie, no making him a PBJ & taking it off the ship with you).