In 194 days we board a ship to go on our honeymoon, only 40 years later. 

Seems to me that no one goes on Radiance of the Sea. Why? Is it old/bad?

Where do we get the lanyard to carry our passes?

What is considered cruise documents?

Where do we find what is allowed and not allowed on ship?

When can we order room service? Someone told us only for breakfast. Does anyone know what is offered on room service?

I think I may have asked way to many questions.

Here are some of your answers:

Cruise documents:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/travel-documents

What is prohibited:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

I got my lanyards off of Amazon - they're super cheap there.

Radiance Class ships are beautiful ships - I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Radiance of the Seas!

There are room service menus in your stateroom - I've never ordered it, but I believe a Continental Breakfast is served free of charge - for anything else (any time of day or night) there is a flat delivery fee of, I believe, $7.95 (for as much or as little as you want to order).

Never too many questions!  You may find more answers to additional questions here though:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq

Welcome to the forums!  There are never too many questions!  I'm sure you'll have many more and the people here will be more than happy to answer.  

Radiance isnt an old/bad ship.  I like the older ships personally.  I like the smaller ship feel and the personal feel of the smaller ships.  I wont discount an Oasis class ship because that's an experience in of itself, but Radiance is a wonderful ship.  Look for reviews or stories about Brilliance of the Seas, its Radiance's sister ship.  She was refreshed in 2016 with many upgrades and another refresh in 2012 that added a lot of the onboard restaurants.  You're going to have an amazing time on Radiance.  

I get my lanyards off of Ebay, Etsy, or Amazon.  Sometimes I'm feeling particularly bright and loud and want a lanyard to reflect that, sometimes I want to go super nautical, and sometimes I just want something to hook my danged seapass on.

As for room service, you may order room service at any time.  However lunch and dinner and late night usually come with a 7.95 charge per order (not per plate, but per order) as well as a charge for drinks (even with a drink package, it does NOT include room service so prepare for extra charges if you want a glass of late night wine, or late night soda) Continental breakfast is included, there are other breakfast options as well, but they may come with the service charge of 7.95,

The most important thing is... You're Going On a CRUISE!  This is AWESOME!  You're going to have an amazing time on Radiance.  You're definitely doing right by asking your questions now and preparing so all you'll need to do on your cruise, is relax

The document thing is important !  If you are on a closed loop cruise (starts and ends at same port) you will need at least a certified birth certificate with the raised seal or stamp.  Also you will need a certified copy of your marriage certificate showing your wifes name change.  The best ID document to have on a cruise is a passport.   Good luck and keep asking questions

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

You didn't mention what type of cabin you are sailing in. If you are in a suite (Grand Suite or above), one of the perks is that room service does not incur a charge and you can order off the main dining room menu in addition to the room service menu.

We are in a balcony room.  Friends said swing for if we can, so we did. Is that considered a suite?  I see under names, diamond, emerald, diamond plus. What is that?

Just now, Mitch said:

We are in a balcony room.  Friends said swing for if we can, so we did. Is that considered a suite?  I see under names, diamond, emerald, diamond plus. What is that?

A balcony room isn't necessarily a suite - if you're just booked in a regular balcony, you wouldn't qualify for suite perks. Here's some more information on the types of cabins Royal Caribbean ships offer: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/29/choosing-stateroom-your-royal-caribbean-cruise

The values under the names here are meaningless with regard to the message board outside of how often someone has posted, however they reflect the tiers of Royal Caribbean's loyalty program called Crown & Anchor. More info here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/crown-anchor-society-loyalty-program 

For what it's worth, while the Radiance class of ships are a bit older, they're some of the most loved in the fleet. They're well designed and have tons of glass which offer beautiful views of the outside scenery. I think you'll be quite happy! 

On 2/26/2019 at 10:16 PM, Mitch said:

Seems to me that no one goes on Radiance of the Sea. Why? Is it old/bad?

Where do we get the lanyard to carry our passes?

Personally, when we plan our cruises, we plan by dates...then we just choose a cruise that works for those dates, we don't necessarily avoid certain ships, but at the time of planning, just what is available...

You can buy/take any lanyard.  I bought one in the terminal on our first cruise and then just kind of wing it each time...but you can get lanyards anywhere, they even sell them at dollar stores.  I take my own now that look like jewelry rather than a cloth/strap lanyard.