Thermal Suite Couples Week Pass

Hi Staci! It’s kind of hard to say, as each ship’s spa is run independently of the ship. But as a point of reference, my wife and I got the couple’s pass onboard Anthem last October for a bit over $180 (plus gratuity); that was actually a slight discount, as the steam sauna was broken down. So I’m inclined to say that’s a discount off regular onboard pricing, and not a bad one, either.

Just now, JLMoran said:

Hi Staci! It’s kind of hard to say, as each ship’s spa is run independently of the ship. But as a point of reference, my wife and I got the couple’s pass onboard Anthem last October for a bit over $180 (plus gratuity); that was actually a slight discount, as the steam sauna was broken down. So I’m inclined to say that’s a discount off regular onboard pricing, and not a bad one, either.

I still keep looking at this...but I know my husband won’t use it much and I would love it but be torn sharing the steam time with sun/deck time.  Jane

We did it in Nov, but frankly I probably wouldn't do it again.  I think we paid $150.

I love that it's kind of secluded and peaceful, and the first room with the mist 

and eucalyptus was very enjoyable, but IMO the other two room are just way too

hot for me (esp door# 3, aka the door to Hades).   I liked the heated lounge chairs

and being able to shower.

One thing I never figured out - I know nothing about spas, so didn't know if I had to

go sans clothing and just use the towel, or wear a swimming costume!   The first time I

went au naturale, but was afraid and then switched!           don't judge me!   ?

• 7 months later...

Hey Wondering if anyone has additional experience with this. I saw it come up on our cruise planner and I"m trying to decide whether or not it is worth it.

Also this is how it is described (see below). When I went to book it, I was only able to select 1 person (not both of us). The price saying "From $199.00 USD Adult AND that I could only select one member of our party (not both of us) made me worried it was 199 PER PERSON which would be FAR too expensive. Even at 200 for a couple it seems a bit much but I could see how it is worth it. Feedback appreciated!

Thermal Suite Couples 7-Day Pass
SPA FACILITY
DURATION: 15 MINUTES

Our Thermal Suite 7-day couples pass is a sensory experience where hot and cold fuse to…

From*$199.00USD Adult

when 

@ncnickel, as a couples pass you would only need one person to buy it. On embarkation day, you would then both go to the spa and get your Sea Passes stamped / stickered / whatever they do nowadays. My wife and I paid about $185 for the two of us on a 5-night cruise, and that was after a discount we got because the steam room was broken down for the first couple of days; otherwise it would have been more like $210. So $199 looks like a pretty decent price for a 7-night sailing.

Oh, and ignore what it says about 15 minutes duration; when my wife and I did it on Anthem last year, we were free to stay as long as we wanted each time we went.

• 7 months later...

We are scheduled on the Symphony in December.  We like the Thermal Spa but when looking at pre-booking it states 15 minutes and wants you to make the reservation for the time.  Is this due to the coronavirus?  I don't want to be held to 15 minutes at a specific time.  Opinions or more information please.

@Maggienc17, welcome to the forums! ?

I wouldn't bother with the pre-booking option in the Cruise Planner. Sounds like it's exactly the same as others described it a year ago when it randomly showed up for them, and for them it was never possible to finish the booking.

As long as you go straight to the spa when you board, you should have no trouble signing up for one of the passes then and having the charge put on your SeaPass card. There may or may not be limits now on who can go in, and for how long at a time, but that probably won't be known until you board. Since the spa is run independently of the ship by a third party, Royal really doesn't have info they can publish on their site unless the company who manages the spa decides to share it with them.

32 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I wouldn't bother with the pre-booking option in the Cruise Planner. Sounds like it's exactly the same as others described it a year ago when it randomly showed up for them, and for them it was never possible to finish the booking.

As long as you go straight to the spa when you board, you should have no trouble signing up for one of the passes then and having the charge put on your SeaPass card. There may or may not be limits now on who can go in, and for how long at a time, but that probably won't be known until you board. Since the spa is run independently of the ship by a third party, Royal really doesn't have info they can publish on their site unless the company who manages the spa decides to share it with them.

How is the thermal spa on Anthem? I haven't been able to find any videos or pictures.

PS - I have been reading old live reviews to pass time and belated thank you for your great Anthem reviews!

@MKMAJ1, back when my wife and I used the thermal spa (almost 2 years ago, now) it was a nice add-on. But, if I'm honest, a bit hard to justify for the price. More because we didn't use it too much -- I used it 2 out of 5 nights, my wife used it 3. And for half the trip, the steam room was broken down (for which we got a discount on the price since it was broken on day 1). We both agreed at the end of the trip that it was really a one-and-done for us, but I'd say it's more because we're just not "spa" people.

There are 5 (6?) heated tile loungers, along with the dry sauna, steam room, and whatever they call the room with the variable-style rain shower simulator. I liked the loungers, really enjoyed lying on those while reading a book and just soaking up the warmth. It's definitely a space meant for only a half-dozen people to be in at a time, though I don't think we ever saw more than 2 other people in there the times we went.

Not sure if that really helps, I talked about it more in my first Anthem blog and probably did a better job of describing it there.

On 2/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, Firemanswife2 said:

We are on Oasis OTS March 3. Right now, The Thermal Suite Couples Week Pass is $150 online. Is this the same price on board or is this a discount?

Thanks so much

Staci

We got a deal on Symphony, I think it was $125 on embarkation day...we were the only people on a tour....they were slow, and we decided to do it and loved it. Some days, we would use the thermal suite twice.

23 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Thank you for suggestion.  We have also gone to the spa and booked first day.  That is what we will do in December and be sure we are aware of the new rules and regulations, time limits, number of people allowed to purchase and serving times.  I'm sure there will be a lot of changes that will occur and not all known at this time.  

• 1 year later...

I see this string is kinda old, hoping someone can still answer this. We are thinking of getting therms suite couples pass for 7 day cruise. Is it really unlimited? Can I go any day and any time? Can I go twice in a day? For as long as we want? When I try to purchase in cruise planner, it makes you pick a time, is this the time you have to go any day or can I go a different time?

thanks

1 hour ago, Luv2cruise_630 said:

I see this string is kinda old, hoping someone can still answer this. We are thinking of getting therms suite couples pass for 7 day cruise. Is it really unlimited? Can I go any day and any time? Can I go twice in a day? For as long as we want? When I try to purchase in cruise planner, it makes you pick a time, is this the time you have to go any day or can I go a different time?

thanks

The time slot you pick has something to do with having an inventory so they can limit sales since too many people with a spa pass would create havoc on board.  The time is meaningless once you are on the ship.

Yes you can visit multiple times for as long as you want during the open hours for the spa.  it is not open 24 x 7.  

1 hour ago, Luv2cruise_630 said:

thanks

I've see multiple people ask this question over the years.  The answer seems to be yes it is unlimited, as long as you want, whenever you want.  I've never seen anyone come back and complain that they were restricted to a certain time slot.

The Cruise Planner seems to treat the thermal pass like any other spa treatment which requires you to pick a date/time.  The programmers apparently didn't create an option for a spa treatment that lasts the whole cruise because that doesn't really make any sense.  I assume they allow a certain number of passes per time slot to control the number sold.  Of course, it would make much more sense if they just treated the thermal pass like a drink or dining packages which also lasts the whole cruise.

On 2/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, Firemanswife2 said:

We are on Oasis OTS March 3. Right now, The Thermal Suite Couples Week Pass is $150 online. Is this the same price on board or is this a discount?

Thanks so much

Staci

That is or was a good price.  Our next cruise is on May 13th and it's $199.00 pp.  BUT, it also says that it is "UNAVAILABLE".  Not sold out, just UNAVAILBLE.  Maybe they haven't got/secured the crew for it, yet.  

• 11 months later...

We are on Odyssey in October 23 (Transatlantic) and spa pass is $199 per person (15 day cruise).  However, it only lets you buy for one person which seems like a couple's pass.  I can add one person at a time but wondering if it's really a couple's pass?  Agreed that the programmers could improve this user experience and make things much more clear.  Any recent insights are much appreciated!

I bought it for our cruise in June on the Quantum OTS and then cancelled after I realized there was no hydro-therapy pool. It was $111, but even that seemed steep for what was offered.  Plus, with all the port stops, I realized I might not be able to take full advantage of the amenities.  On a TA crossing I might have thought differently.

We are going on a HAL cruise to Norway in August on the Rotterdam, and I will most likely get their version of the thermal spa once onboard. They have a really great hydro-therapy pool plus all the stuff that RCL has.  I have OBC for that and it is listed for $149 (7-day sailing).

On 4/11/2022 at 11:39 AM, Luv2cruise_630 said:

thanks

With the pass you can go any day any time that they are open (usually 8-8). You can go multiple times a day. The picking a time at purchase is only because of Royal's low budget IT.