The Key Benefits

Andrew72681

Just now, marcg125 said:

And since I am going cruising with a group of people the MDR will the main place to eat but it is nice I get to have lunch at Chops with my wife on the first day (As long as they have a steak for me and fish for my wife than that's fine).

Steak is definitely on the menu as well as a pretty nice looking burger, and I believe there is also salmon with a mustard sauce that is on the menu that I'm pretty excited for. Same situation as my husband and I - I'm a pescetarian and enjoy a nice cut of fish while on board, and my husband enjoys an occasional steak. We're looking forward to this for lunch when we board - we haven't been to Chops in quite a long time. We're choosing the MDR for the remainder of the cruise. Any time I've been at Chops I've had at least a couple really nice looking seafood selections. 

48 minutes ago, KLA said:

Wait, which cruise website am I on again?

100% this is a to each their own thing. What is valuable to one person may not be valuable to another. In the end, it's not going to affect my own cruise experience. The particular introduction of the key poses little impact to those who have chosen not to purchase the key. It is what it is. 

Yeah. I wasn’t expecting the vitriol. Especially with a topic that specifically spelled out it was about The Key

11 minutes ago, marcg125 said:

I also like that I get a chance to use the flow rider - I felt that since I am going during the first week of August there will be some many families on board and that the line will turn me off from even trying - I don't mind now going to a 9 am time slot so that I can at least have a few times to have a run on the flow rider. And since I am going cruising with a group of people the MDR will the main place to eat but it is nice I get to have lunch at Chops with my wife on the first day (As long as they have a steak for me and fish for my wife than that's fine).

Definitely with you on the flowrider. Even if you and four others shared the private flowrider session that would still work out to 70 dollars a person. So now just to hope that it’s older couples buying The Key on my sailing who don’t want to use their early hours on the Flowrider

2 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

We get the DPB.

Dumb question--what's DPB stand for?

56 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

So there is a limit to how many Key packages are sold?

I have heard they only sell 100 per cruise.  Not sure how accurate that is, and I didn't see it in the fine print so they can probably change it any time.

2 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

As Waaaytoo has stated the restaurants are now frenzied with the Key passengers.

I haven't been on a sailing since The Key has been rolled out yet, but I was on the Enchantment last October and did the Chops lunch on boarding day--got a good deal on it during a cruise planner sale, so why not?  It was dead.  It was just us, and another small table I assumed were pinnacle guests.  Might've been a fluke of that particular sailing, but I can see why they want to get more people in for boarding day lunch.

32 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

Dumb question--what's DPB stand for?

I have heard they only sell 100 per cruise.  Not sure how accurate that is, and I didn't see it in the fine print so they can probably change it any time.

I haven't been on a sailing since The Key has been rolled out yet, but I was on the Enchantment last October and did the Chops lunch on boarding day--got a good deal on it during a cruise planner sale, so why not?  It was dead.  It was just us, and another small table I assumed were pinnacle guests.  Might've been a fluke of that particular sailing, but I can see why they want to get more people in for boarding day lunch.

I think he meant Deluxe Beverage Package which would be DBP...........

1 hour ago, KLA said:

Wait, which cruise website am I on again?

100% this is a to each their own thing. What is valuable to one person may not be valuable to another. In the end, it's not going to affect my own cruise experience. The particular introduction of the key poses little impact to those who have chosen not to purchase the key. It is what it is. 

Exactly!!!  BUT, if someone doesn't want The Key,  then don't complain about those who may want to purchase it nor call it nickel and diming.  

2 hours ago, GlennGlenn said:

Exactly!!!  BUT, if someone doesn't want The Key,  then don't complain about those who may want to purchase it nor call it nickel and diming.  

You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. You agree when someone says it’s not worth it but then chastise others for having a similar stance. I think you just want to tell someone to get off your lawn. 

18 hours ago, marcg125 said:

As of now, I am going to keep The Key package for my summer sailing on Symphony and wait to see the observations of those that used The Key on Symphony in the next few months to make me decide if I should cancel it or not and not base it on people's personal opinions of why they will not purchase the experience.

I am going to wait for more reviews and hope upon hope that it goes back down to $19.99 pp per day

Personally I would purchase the key unless the price drops below $10 per person per day because in my opinion the benefits don’t outweigh the cost at 20/pp/day. Others may feel differently though. But for myself I can’t imagine ever spending that much money on those limited benefits. But to each their own.