Single soda price

hoofbeats95

I've ran the math and a simple way to look at it is that if you drink 3 or more soda's a day, the $9.99 price per day is worth it.  One question  I have not seen asked is if you do NOT have the soda package and you order a soda with your dinner in the MDR, do they provide free refills or do they charge every time you get a refill?  Another thing to watch is if your boat has the "Free Style" soda machines.  Mine (Liberty of the Seas) does not, and that made me a little cranky.  It means we don't have the variety and will also have to go up to the bar every time we want a soda.

1 minute ago, hoofbeats95 said:

Good question about refills at dinner! I personally despise the freestyle machines because I think plain soda doesn't taste right. It always has a hit of flavor in it. But if I have no other option. I personally avoid restaurants with them. They are slowly taking over the world's though! Lol. 

I agree about flavor-contamination on plain drinks.  I like the Raspberry flavor so not an issue for me.

On Anthem in August we did not utilize any drink package. When we got the itemized bill at the end ,all my cocktails/beers at MDR dinners obviously appeared but any sodas/tea/juice my wife had did not show up. I didn't ask any questions. Especially when lots of people claim they "Nickle and dime you". Probably just good luck and the fact that we make a lovely couple.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

On Anthem in August we did not utilize any drink package. When we got the itemized bill at the end ,all my cocktails/beers at MDR dinners obviously appeared but any sodas/tea/juice my wife had did not show up. I didn't ask any questions. Especially when lots of people claim they "Nickle and dime you". Probably just good luck and the fact that we make a lovely couple.

I did have the UDP, but never once was I asked for my card when I asked for bottled water, even when I went to a venue I'd never been in.  

57 minutes ago, marti314 said:

Push the button for a few seconds before putting your cup under the dispenser to ensure no flavored syrup is lingering.

I do that all the time. It doesn't really help. The lines retain the flavors. I'm sure those plastic lines hold some of that. I've never had a soda taste pure from a freestyle machine. From gad stations that have like 4 choices to a spout... Those I run for a few secs and it's fine. I think it's the fruit add Ins in a freestyle machine that linger.??‍♀️