Linked reservations

SpeedNoodles

We  had friends who booked the same cruise for Alaska that we did so we an all hang out for a fabulous week.  They booked through Royal - so I called my TA and asked her to link our reservations with theirs (they had called Royal and had their reservation flagged that this was ok with them). She emailed me back and said she took care of it.

Is there somewhere that I can check the validity of this? I don't trust her at all, so I want to double check that it was actually done the way we wanted. (fyi this person is NOT my wonderful MEI agent ... I'm just suffering through this one for this cruise until I have moved on to my more recently-booked cruises).  

++++++++++++++++++++++++ I believe I have figured all of this out - thanks to everyone who responded!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@SpeedNoodles, you can call Royal yourself and ask them to check if the reservations are linked.  They just cannot discuss specific numbers with you.  Anything else, they can still tell you.  I call Royal all the time even though I am with an agent.  Yes, I am one of those people lol.  Type A to the max.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@SpeedNoodles, you can call Royal yourself and ask them to check if the reservations are linked.  They just cannot discuss specific numbers with you.  Anything else, they can still tell you.  I call Royal all the time even though I am with an agent.  Yes, I am one of those people lol.  Type A to the max.

Good to know! Thanks! Have I mentioned how much I hate that agent lately? LOL

18 minutes ago, cobra614 said:

Our upcoming cruise was booked by a family member that also booked 2 other rooms plus ours. She said if we did it that way we would be seated together during dinner times. Does that mean we are "linked" together also?

Do you all have the same reservation number? If so then I would assume yes. I'm dealing with 2 separate reservations numbers, trying to book things together and not really having much luck.

There was an option to Add cruisss on the 1st page when you log into the site. You enter the booking number of the reservation you want to be linked to along with the name and birthdate of the primary passenger on that  booking.   After that you’ll see their info right under yours. 

You our can also send a direct message on Twitter to Royal Caribbean and they take care of it

Just now, ericgoodwin said:

There was an option to Add cruisss on the 1st page when you log into the site. You enter the booking number of the reservation you want to be linked to along with the name and birthdate of the primary passenger on that  booking.   After that you’ll see their info right under yours. 

You our can also send a direct message on Twitter to Royal Caribbean and they take care of it

And since I don't see them listed I can assume she didn't do it, I reckon.  I figured out how to add them to dining/excursion/activities anyway, so I guess that's the primary goal I had anyway.  Thank you!

9 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Do you all have the same reservation number? If so then I would assume yes. I'm dealing with 2 separate reservations numbers, trying to book things together and not really having much luck.

This works for different reservation numbers if they are linked. When we travel with our full family in a 2 BR suite, there are two separate reservation numbers FOR THE SAME stateroom. One lists the first four guests, the second lists the others and has a different reservation number.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

This works for different reservation numbers if they are linked. When we travel with our full family in a 2 BR suite, there are two separate reservation numbers FOR THE SAME stateroom. One lists the first four guests, the second lists the others and has a different reservation number.

Yes.  Because Royal's system is not designed to hold more than 4 max per reservation.  No clue why that is.  We have the same on our villa booking for 14.  3 reservations at 4 people each, and one with 2.  4 different reservation numbers.  Each reservation shows which other ones it is linked to.  I think OP is asking about linking after the fact though.  

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think OP is asking about linking after the fact though.  

Yeah, we booked a year ago, they booked a few months ago. I'd just like the ability to go onto the cruise planner and make dinner or other types of reservations together for the 4 of us.  The TA said she had them linked. I don't see them listed anywhere, but I am able to add them to dinner reservations so either she did it right, or we're just closer to the sailing date that it's working.  As long as I can do it, I really don't care why ?

17 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, we booked a year ago, they booked a few months ago. I'd just like the ability to go onto the cruise planner and make dinner or other types of reservations together for the 4 of us.  The TA said she had them linked. I don't see them listed anywhere, but I am able to add them to dinner reservations so either she did it right, or we're just closer to the sailing date that it's working.  As long as I can do it, I really don't care why ?

On our Alaska cruise, our TA linked our dining with two other couples.  It showed on our Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy in the section of Guest Information (at the end of that section) it had Stateroom Dining with Booking ID:  *******-*******

Just now, whitsmom said:

On our Alaska cruise, our TA linked our dining with two other couples.  It showed on our Booking Confirmation-Guest Copy in the section of Guest Information (at the end of that section) it had Stateroom Dining with Booking ID:  *******-*******

We received our booking confirmation a year ago so they aren't on that. But I was able to add them to our My Time Dining reservations. 

21 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

In the Cruise Planner, you can add guests from other reservations to excursions and dining even if the reservations are not linked. You just need to have the reservation number and some basic info about the primary passenger on the reservation.

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

In the Cruise Planner, you can add guests from other reservations to excursions and dining even if the reservations are not linked. You just need to have the reservation number and some basic info about the primary passenger on the reservation.

I thought so, too, but it wasn't allowing us to do that a couple of weeks ago when I tried.