St. Maarten Bus Tour

Miznikki2u

We will be traveling on HOS in July, our last stop will be St. Maarten.  I was wondering if anyone has ever been on the Double Decker Bus Tour.  I read several reviews on Trip Advisor, and most of the reviews were not that good.  This will be my 1st time here, and we would really like a good tour of the whole island.  Any suggestions are welcomed.

10 hours ago, KLA said:

I highly recommend Bernard's SXM tours - here's a review I did on one of their island tours: 

Do these tours begin on ships time or there time.  This tour is just what im looking for.  We get into port at 8 a.m, which will be 9 a.m there, and the tour states it begins at 9:30.  Will this be enough time for us to get to the bus on time??  Im so confused?

8 hours ago, Miznikki2u said:

Do these tours begin on ships time or there time.  This tour is just what im looking for.  We get into port at 8 a.m, which will be 9 a.m there, and the tour states it begins at 9:30.  Will this be enough time for us to get to the bus on time??  Im so confused?

This should be plenty of time to debark the ship and get to the meeting point, which is very close by on the edge of the port area. I would just try and make sure to be ready to go and lined up to leave once the ship is cleared. It's worth it - St. Maarten is a gorgeous island. 

In my experience, the Bernard's Tour's operators are WELL aware of the requirement to be back to the ship on the time (as well as clearing customs when getting off the ship when you arrive) and that their reputation as a tour company relies on it. We were back at the port with hours to spare, and had absolutely no issue locating the tour operators when we left the ship to meet our guide.