Gty Stateroom Assignment

tiffrobyn

We booked an interior guarantee on Mariner on December 14 for the January 10 sailing. Received an interior assignment on December 27, two weeks out.

Booked an ocean view balcony guarantee on Harmony for April 12, still not assigned, 80 days out today. I’ll update once we hear.

We saved hundreds on both so totally worth it to us. If it were closer in price I’d prefer to choose my room location, but as others have said, it’s fun to roll the dice and see what you get too!

8 hours ago, bobbydx said:

Just got my interior gty room assigned. 31 days until cruise and it ended up being a interior room. My room is on deck 7 where my set sail pass originally showed before assignment.

Thank you  ... I just added this data (with some others from before).  Here is the up to date version. 

There are definitely 3 inflection points (over 100, 30 and 10).

image.png.7b501c7caff1642315dc3bfbe6cea590.png

Curt from Canada

On 1/14/2020 at 8:49 AM, Curt From Canada said:

Limited data set ... still it tells the story that:

1) A few get a very, very early assignment.

2) If you are under 100 days out with no assignment, you are in for a wait.

3) Getting assigned with less than 10 days out is rare.

I will add to the data as more rolls in.

Curt from Canada

image.png.e2b2dd0240550f19c4a7674d29e53969.png

This is really good stuff, but if you could plot dates (potentially on different charts depending on itinerary region) I think it'd be more telling.  This is because lines move around rooms to facilitate better lead pricing, and that need is tied closely with how quickly a ship is filling up (and of course, how quickly specific categories are filling up).  There is forecasting which takes care of a lot of the pricing up to this point, but GTY moves allow them to do some real-time tweaking, and it seems likely you'd see some real differences in how this works for a dog sailing vs a popular one.  Granted, the data set could be limited for more successful sailings, as fewer GTYs will be sold (though some still will be, b/c that ability to manipulate lead pricing is valuable on any sailing that has space).

1 hour ago, monorailmedic said:

This is really good stuff, but if you could plot dates (potentially on different charts depending on itinerary region) I think it'd be more telling.  This is because lines move around rooms to facilitate better lead pricing, and that need is tied closely with how quickly a ship is filling up (and of course, how quickly specific categories are filling up).  There is forecasting which takes care of a lot of the pricing up to this point, but GTY moves allow them to do some real-time tweaking, and it seems likely you'd see some real differences in how this works for a dog sailing vs a popular one.  Granted, the data set could be limited for more successful sailings, as fewer GTYs will be sold (though some still will be, b/c that ability to manipulate lead pricing is valuable on any sailing that has space).

100% agree.  There are a number of dimensions that I would like to explore ... long term.  This is the easiest, and I was surprised at how little data was telling a plausible story ... some early assignments, but most close in and (overall) 40% of very close in (under 20 days) are assigned. I thought I would need a larger data set.

I am now 27 days out with no assignment (I expect between 10 and 19). 

Still thinking about the dimensions of a longer term data set ... watch this space.

Curt from Canada

We are booked on the Oasis March 8. Initially booked an inside stateroom but just before final payment was due we upgraded to a GTY Oceanview balcony.  We are 38 days out and still no room assigned.  Set sail pass says Deck 11 and Muster C02 on the mobile app...So I added it to my apple wallet on my IPone just out of curiosity...On the bottom of the bar code is a list of numbers...all names in this GTY room all end in 11570...I then added my friends set sail passes to the apple wallet and they already know their room...Their numbers under the bar code is their room number....

I hope Im on to something lol....

10 minutes ago, Steph622 said:

We are booked on the Oasis March 8. Initially booked an inside stateroom but just before final payment was due we upgraded to a GTY Oceanview balcony.  We are 38 days out and still no room assigned.  Set sail pass says Deck 11 and Muster C02 on the mobile app...So I added it to my apple wallet on my IPone just out of curiosity...On the bottom of the bar code is a list of numbers...all names in this GTY room all end in 11570...I then added my friends set sail passes to the apple wallet and they already know their room...Their numbers under the bar code is their room number....

I hope Im on to something lol....

It's been reported that this is a hack for figuring out the assignment before they release it..so I would expect you've been assigned this one.  

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's been reported that this is a hack for figuring out the assignment before they release it..so I would expect you've been assigned this one.  

Fingers crossed!!

I thought I was being Mrs Smarty Pants...haha 

There is always someone who's just as curious!

Thanks for the comment Ashley

Just now, Steph622 said:

Fingers crossed!!

I thought I was being Mrs Smarty Pants...haha 

There is always someone who's just as curious!

Thanks for the comment Ashley

Well it's a good find!  I'm surprised no one had mentioned it in this..the one time I had a GTY it got assigned before I even needed to try and decipher it so I didn't have any personal experience.

I have read that it doesn't always work..sometimes it doesn't show numbers there or the numbers don't make sense.

But now you can look at your deck plans and see where that room is and now what to expect!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone can answer this (probably because I'm a bit neurotic).  We're 39 days out and just called to upgrade to a balcony guarantee stateroom.  When I look at the new documents RC emailed, it says #GTY but no indication of what category is guaranteed - is this normal or do I need to call back and be sure we actually have the balcony category?

8 hours ago, Boromom said:

I'm curious if anyone can answer this (probably because I'm a bit neurotic).  We're 39 days out and just called to upgrade to a balcony guarantee stateroom.  When I look at the new documents RC emailed, it says #GTY but no indication of what category is guaranteed - is this normal or do I need to call back and be sure we actually have the balcony category?

I'm going to go with perfectly normal on the document, but what does your account page say? We are traveling with two families with guarantee rooms, one in balcony, one in an inside and it specified which on their account page (our cruises are linked).

8 hours ago, SnickerTail said:

I'm going to go with perfectly normal on the document, but what does your account page say? We are traveling with two families with guarantee rooms, one in balcony, one in an inside and it specified which on their account page (our cruises are linked).

It updated over night and now the account says balcony! I'm relieved, was afraid I'd have to be on the phone with them forever to straighten it out ?

• 1 year later...

Reviving this thread as cruises are back in action (for now, at least). Fellow data nerd here to report some GTY info.

Booked Ovation of the Seas Alaska cruise 64 days from sailing, so it was paid in full at the time of booking as well. I haven't seen any clues about stateroom assignment until today.

Today, 58 days out, Royal Caribbean website still says Balcony #GTY under "view more details" and the SetSail pass says Deck Reprint, Stateroom GTY, Muster station E01.

The Royal Caribbean app says Deck -, Stateroom GTY, Muster -. When I click on View SetSail Pass in the app, it says Deck 10, Stateroom GTY, Muster E01. I took a screen shot of the barcode and uploaded it to a barcode reader website, which shows 9 digits and then -10698. This is an aft starboard D4 balcony room according to the deck plans. 

We are at 73 days until Symphony and my Royal App still only states GTY for stateroom. No deck or muster information. I also received a Royal Up email yesterday and placed a bid from a standard balcony room to a Ultra Spacious Ocean View w/Large Balcony. I suspect that I won't know where I am until a few days before sailing???

31 days out from Adventure here.  No muster station or room assigned yet.  A scan of the barcode shows 9 digits and -gty for both my wife and I.

Throw in the Royal Up bids we have pending, and I don't expect to see a cabin number until shortly before sailing.

• 3 months later...