Gty Stateroom Assignment

tiffrobyn

I know I can't be the only one who obsessively checks for a Gty stateroom assignment. We booked about 10 days ago on the Symphony for an upcoming sailing. I booked two rooms in a Gty Neighborhood Balcony and I've been obsessively checking for a room assignment ever since. Online still says Gty but the app this morning is a beacon of hope! One room says Deck 14 and a Muster of F01. The other says Deck 8 and a Muster of F04. Stateroom number still says Gty but I'll keep obsessively refreshing!

One theory is that they have assigned a muster station so that the Royal Up algorithm can do it's thing right up to T-24.  

Under Royal Up if they are moving people who bid on an upgrade, they have to respect muster station capacity.  By allocating your muster, they can let Royal Up determine if it is possible to upgrade people who have placed a bid into a particular muster zone.

I suspect that is likely where you will end up.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2019 at 10:19 AM, twangster said:

Until the cabins are assigned that could be a placeholder and inadvertent leak through the app.

Do come back and let us know if that app tidbit proved to be accurate.

We ended up upgrading to an OceanView balcony on the one that was originally assigned 14 but the one that was assigned Deck 8 and Muster F04 turned out to be right. Got the room assignment last week. 8295. 

• 3 months later...

My husband and I are sailing on Harmony Dec 8, 2019. We booked a gty oceanview balcony.  I know, from the Facebook page for this sailing, some people with gty staterooms have rec'd their stateroom assignment, but we have not. I was wondering if your cruise has to be paid in full before they assign your gty stateroom. Any thoughts?

1 minute ago, Cat2721 said:

My husband and I are sailing on Harmony Dec 8, 2019. We booked a gty oceanview balcony, and I know some people with gty staterooms have rec'd their stateroom assignment from the Facebook page for this sailing, but we have not. I was wondering if your cruise has to be paid in full before they assign your gty stateroom. Any thoughts?

Quite normal.  GTY's can be filled right up to day of embarkation.  

Luck of the draw.

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Shell131 said:

I have 19 days to go and still says gty. I have been checking every day  for a stateroom #. I don't know why, but I really want to know where my room is.

Welcome to the forums!  And it's perfectly normal to want to know where your room is. The waiting is the hardest part (or so said Tom Petty).

I am little bit too late to this thread.  However, I am keeping database when GTY actually get assigned.  Just reply to this post with any current or past information (I am really just interested when the cabin was assigned).

42 days out from our Anthem Cruise ... I have to do something.

?

Curt from Canada

22 hours ago, Curt From Canada said:

I am little bit too late to this thread.  However, I am keeping database when GTY actually get assigned.  Just reply to this post with any current or past information (I am really just interested when the cabin was assigned).

42 days out from our Anthem Cruise ... I have to do something.

?

Curt from Canada

I did a GTY on Rhapsody (a much smaller ship) and was assigned my room 125 days out. I can only guess with it being a smaller ship, and it being a Spring Break cruise, it filled quickly..... 

Limited data set ... still it tells the story that:

1) A few get a very, very early assignment.

2) If you are under 100 days out with no assignment, you are in for a wait.

3) Getting assigned with less than 10 days out is rare.

I will add to the data as more rolls in.

Curt from Canada

image.png.e2b2dd0240550f19c4a7674d29e53969.png

I booked two GTY interior cabins and one GTY balcony on Navigator fall of 2018.  All three rooms were assigned at time of final payment (90 days out) and all three had a slight "upgrade"-the interior cabins had virtual balconies and the balcony was a spacious balcony room.  This was for a 7 night sailing before it was amped.

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can you elaborate more on the data source and methodology for creating that chart?

Anecdotal data only.  I have conducted no scientific study.  The more people tell me their stories, the more the data becomes an accurate predictor.  Today I received 5 more sets of data, that I will include is future updates.

The data nerds out there will revel in the randomness and cry themselves to sleep regretting that I have used no normal scientific approach.

?

Curt from Canada

Just now, kelliejkunz said:

I booked a GTY Ocean-View Balcony on Symphony. Received my room assignment 36 days before sailing. We were upgraded to a Grand Suite 1-Bedroom!! This was our first (hopefully of many) cruise on Royal and now I am spoiled by having the Sky Class perks.

Wow! Score! Enjoy it..... Its all downhill from there. ?

This is so cool seeing the results everyone is ending up with in choosing GTY! 

We just selected GTY for the first time! We're still at the "interior level" but hey, maybe it will be upgraded to a tiny view lol! It will be on Odyssey of the Seas 2021, so I'm sure it will be awhile before we get an assignment. We also booked a cruise this month for a sailing in May 2020 on Indy, and we asked about GTY but they were actually not available which I thought was interesting. I kinda liked rolling the dice and seeing where we'll end up, especially on Odyssey next year! We never have a preference on where we're at, we feel like we're not in the room enough to care, and when we are, we're passed out hard from all the fun! 

Good luck to all of you waiting to see where you'll end up!

17 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

I kinda liked rolling the dice and seeing where we'll end up!

I felt this way too...anticipation is fun. 

18 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

We never have a preference on where we're at, we feel like we're not in the room enough to care, and when we are, we're passed out hard from all the fun! 

Feel this way, also.  We view the room as a place to crash, and nothing more. 

Welcome to the boards!  

1 hour ago, kelliejkunz said:

I booked a GTY Ocean-View Balcony on Symphony. Received my room assignment 36 days before sailing. We were upgraded to a Grand Suite 1-Bedroom!! This was our first (hopefully of many) cruise on Royal and now I am spoiled by having the Sky Class perks.

Great news, enjoy. However it probably will never happen again.:8_laughing:

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Probably too soon still.

Oh no ... this is much too easy.  I hope everyone gets the joke.  Still, it is like Larry Walker facing a Single A pitcher.  I hope everyone will forgive me ...

I don't think you meant ... "Probably too soon still".

I think you meant ... "WAAAYTOOO soon still"

?

Curt from Canada