Soda & Voom pack question

hoofbeats95

Not sure which offering it’s supposed to be included, but we had the package on Harmony in December and would assume it was the slower one. Plenty fast for browsing, email, etc..

sometimes was fast enough for Periscoping but I wouldn’t try too much streaming. 

The results of the first week of December in the attached are from onboard Harmony. 

905E06D6-2AF1-428F-89D1-D4505C8C7112.png

31 minutes ago, hoofbeats95 said:

Unless I'm just not seeing the information, I can't tell which Voom comes bundled with the soda package.  Is it the surf or the surf & stream? 

Thanks!

It will say if it's a combo deal, it will say it's a combo. Otherwise, you need to buy them separately.

Screenshot.png

Agreed.  Usually says "SIP, STREAM AND..."

Operative word is STREAM.

I've only seen the combo packages include Surf and Stream Voom but they could have spelled that out better in the terms and conditions.

Just now, hoofbeats95 said:

I would just want to check email, fb, IG and messenger. Is the basic voom good enough for that? 

Basic "Surf" Voom can do all that but is very slow, like the days of dial-up internet.  "Surf and Stream" is faster so that the overall experience is better.

Just now, hoofbeats95 said:

Thanks. I didn't feel like it was described very well. But I'm leaning towards this package as it seems to be the most cost effective. 

Word of warning, take a few minutes to compare the price of the combo versus booking each individually.  I have seen on multiple occasions where buying separately is cheaper.

Just now, Matt said:

Word of warning, take a few minutes to compare the price of the combo versus booking each individually.  I have seen on multiple occasions where buying separately is cheaper.

Exactly why I asked which voom was included! That matters when doing the math. And I wish it was explicitly listed in the description. 

26 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

I’d also recommend pricing out the internet by itself and The Key services plus the soda package. If you’re going to get internet for all of the people in the cabin, it may be worth the costs between the two. 

The key is no longer available via the cruise planner for my cruise. I don't quite understand the key, but if I want pre cruise pricing on soda and internet I can't consider the key option.