The Mini Fridge

rtread

OK, I'm still processing this drink thing. It's either real complicated or.....I'm slowing down a bit.

There's a mini fridge in the stateroom. Is there anywhere on the ship I can buy some Coronas and stock my fridge or do I have to purchase a single cold one somewhere and rack up a small fortune as I proceed to find more single cold ones?

4 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Keep in mind the fridge is more a cooler than a legit fridge... You might want to ask for an offer bucket if you want those Coronas frosty cold!!!  Jane

Thanks! I'd like them frosty cold but not familiar with the term "offer bucket"..... please clue me in.:14_relaxed:

4 hours ago, rtread said:

Thanks! I'd like them frosty cold but not familiar with the term "offer bucket"..... please clue me in.:14_relaxed:

They usually have a special up on the pool deck where you can buy a bucket of beers at a slightly discounted price (maybe a few $ cheaper).  They do have buckets they fill with ice to keep them cold for you, so you want to make sure that you actually get a bucket instead of just 4-5 loose beers.

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

They usually have a special up on the pool deck where you can buy a bucket of beers at a slightly discounted price (maybe a few $ cheaper).  They do have buckets they fill with ice to keep them cold for you, so you want to make sure that you actually get a bucket instead of just 4-5 loose beers.

Gotcha!  thx

Just now, rtread said:

Lol! Thanks for clarifying.....I promise I spent 20 minutes earlier Googling "offer buckets"....it was interesting!

Too funn...though the discount bucket could have been an “offer” bucket.  I do have the  cooler somewhere that I bought on the first cruise for the beers, but I’ve been getting the drink pkg lately.  Might still be nice for when I’m too lazy to get off my deck chair for a refill!  Jane

16 hours ago, KLA said:

You can also just ask your stateroom attendant for a bucket of ice to serve the same purpose. They'll bring one daily if you ask. 

Many stateroom attendants will bring a new bucket of ice daily even if you DON'T ask. We usually ask on embarkation day and it just keeps getting filled for the rest of the trip.

10 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I can think of thousands of things better after a hard day of goofing off than a Corona! The number of BEERS that would be better numbers in triple digits.

I like Corona but I've been looking at the menu at the Pub on Liberty and there is some really good beer and ale listed. I plan on spending some quality time there for sure.

5 minutes ago, rtread said:

I like Corona but I've been looking at the menu at the Pub on Liberty and there is some really good beer and ale listed. I plan on spending some quality time there for sure.

Pubs in the fleet have been stocking Stone IPA lately and I'm thrilled about it. 

3 hours ago, KLA said:

Stone just makes good beer in general. Definitely go to the brewery if you ever have the opportunity. 

Can't make it to Escondido anytime soon but can run over to Austin and get some.....there is one store that has it. Will definitely look for it on Liberty!