Enchantment 3/8/19 now going to Grand Bahama

KJ1231

13 days before we sail we get notified that CocoCay is out and Grand Bahama is in. We’re being credited with 1 day reimbursement as OBC. Need a beach recommendation. I had a a cabana reserved at CocoCay. Is there a good “Resort for a day” option in GB? 

Just now, alamode123 said:

Going to be hard pressed to book another RCL cruise after all this disappointment.

Never cruised before last June and after a great experience in Alaska I booked 3 more cruises. Over New Years we skipped Grand Cayman due to getting fogged in in Tamp. Now this. We’ll see how Bermuda goes befor almaking anymore reservations. Currently looking to return to Alaska next year but just make it a land tour.

Dear Travel Partner, 

We are looking forward to welcoming your clients onboard Enchantment of the Seas for their March 8th, 2019 sailing. Please share the below update to their itinerary, so they can plan their vacation accordingly. 

Dear Guest, 

We have an itinerary change for our Enchantment of the Seas sailing on March 8th, 2019.

Over the past year, we've been making enhancements to our private destination, CocoCay. Unfortunately, we're going to need more time than expected to finish construction of a bridge between two areas on the island. This needs to take place during this cruise and for your safety and comfort, it is best to not have anyone on the island. So, instead of sailing to CocoCay, we'll now visit Grand Bahama Island, which offers the opportunity to explore caves, swim with the dolphins at Lucaya Beach, or sightsee underwater on a glass bottom boat tour. 

We are sorry for this last-minute change and while we were able to add a new destination for you to discover, to help make up further for this inconvenience, we're providing you with a refund valued at 1 day, based on the cruise fare paid. This refund will be posted to your onboard account. If your total onboard spend doesn't reach this amount, the remaining balance will be refunded to your card on file once onboard.

Below, please find our updated itinerary. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Fri

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

4:00 PM

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

12:00 PM

11:59 PM

Sun

Grand Bahama Island

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

Mon

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

7:00 AM

Lastly, any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursion scheduled for CocoCaywill be refunded to your original form of payment. Within the next 3 business days, you'll receive an email from our Shore Excursion Department advising of your refund details. Then, feel free to browse through our Cruise Planner for additional excursions in Grand Bahama Island that may interest you.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Sincerely, 

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez

Director of Guest Services

Royal Caribbean International

Brand

Ship

Sail Date

Group ID

Booking ID

EN

08-MAR-19

Thanks.  I’ve often wondered how they plan to finish the bridge with tender traffic.  From recent photos it appears they are getting ready to pour concrete for the foundation.   

I can see how boat traffic and the presence of people could be an issue while hoisting concrete and pouring it right where boats pass at the narrowest point.  

Not a huge surprise, it was always ambitious of RCI to expect all the work on Cococay to be done on time. All building projects seem to take longer than expected. It’s just a shame that RCI continues to allow itineraries at cococay whilst the work is been done. I’m even doubtful of our visit in July will go ahead.

3 hours ago, Mondas42 said:

Not a huge surprise, it was always ambitious of RCI to expect all the work on Cococay to be done on time. All building projects seem to take longer than expected. It’s just a shame that RCI continues to allow itineraries at cococay whilst the work is been done. I’m even doubtful of our visit in July will go ahead.

It's a lose-lose situation for RC.

If they cancel a bunch of CocoCay stops that are on the schedule to get the work done faster, some people will be upset.

If they continue with their current plan of occasionally cancelling stops (primarily if @alamode123  is on a cruise it seems), then some people are upset.

I can only imagine what kind of a logistical nightmare a project of this magnitude must be.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

It's a lose-lose situation for RC.

If they cancel a bunch of CocoCay stops that are on the schedule to get the work done faster, some people will be upset.

If they continue with their current plan of occasionally cancelling stops (primarily if @alamode123  is on a cruise it seems), then some people are upset.

I can only imagine what kind of a logistical nightmare a project of this magnitude must be.

While logically I know this, it's disappointing. Cancelling our first cruise on Navigator because they chartered the ship 6 months out and giving next to no reimbursement was 100% on Royal. This just added to the frustration.

I've made the best of it and booked Comfort Suites at Nassau to get the Atlantis day pass. That makes up for the loss of our cabana day at Coco Cay I hope.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:29 PM, alamode123 said:

Same exact thing happened to us on Mariner for March 11th sailing. First they cancelled our Navigator cruise on March 10th, then cancel Coco Cay.

Going to be hard pressed to book another RCL cruise after all this disappointment.

I was on Cococay last Thursday on Independence of the Seas.  I/2 of the island was blocked off and all you heard was hammers and saws.  Nothing like the advertisements.  Very disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...