Perfect Storm water slide question!

mook1525

hello! 

long time reader first time poster here. I have booked Harmony OTS sailing for September 2019 and so excited!!! my last cruise with Royal was on Majesty OTS so yeah it will be an eye opening experience for me and my family.

I do have very important question about the water slide.. I saw that required height is 48 inch to use it but....is it strictly enforced at the entrance? my son is 46 inch tall and he will be very very disappointed if not allowed to experience perfect storm slide.. 

also, when is the best time to slide Ultimate Abyss? I figure there will be a long line all day long..

thanks everyone!

Just now, mook1525 said:

hello! 

long time reader first time poster here. I have booked Harmony OTS sailing for September 2019 and so excited!!! my last cruise with Royal was on Majesty OTS so yeah it will be an eye opening experience for me and my family.

I do have very important question about the water slide.. I saw that required height is 48 inch to use it but....is it strictly enforced at the entrance? my son is 46 inch tall and he will be very very disappointed if not allowed to experience perfect storm slide.. 

also, when is the best time to slide Ultimate Abyss? I figure there will be a long line all day long..

thanks everyone!

Sorry to tell you but RC is very strict on height rules.  He won’t be able to ride the Perfect Storm.  

The first day has very low lines.  I find that first thing in the morning has low lines too.   My DD6 loved it so we’d wait in the line to go to the boardwalk for a hot dog and at the most the wait was 20 minutes. 

Make sure to have a T-shirt with sleeves on or they won’t let you down. 

35 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Are you referring to the Ultimate Abyss dry slides or the Perfect Storm water slides?

I've done the Perfect Storm without a shirt several times.  Ultimate Abyss I've done in short sleeves but they warn you to keep your elbows in.   

27 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Sorry to tell you but RC is very strict on height rules.  He won’t be able to ride the Perfect Storm.  

The first day has very low lines.  I find that first thing in the morning has low lines too.   My DD6 loved it so we’d wait in the line to go to the boardwalk for a hot dog and at the most the wait was 20 minutes. 

They wont let you ride shirtless?

6 hours ago, mook1525 said:

hello! 

thanks everyone!

We’re in the same boat with the wave rider.  My daughter is 48” and I finally thought she was tall enough for everything.  I showed her pictures of the wave rider and people boogie boarding and she was all excited.  I then read that the wave rider is 54” I think.  She’s going to be so bummed.

16 hours ago, LindaN said:

We’re in the same boat with the wave rider.  My daughter is 48” and I finally thought she was tall enough for everything.  I showed her pictures of the wave rider and people boogie boarding and she was all excited.  I then read that the wave rider is 54” I think.  She’s going to be so bummed.

It’s 52” to boogie board and 58” to surf standing 

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

It’s 52” to boogie board and 58” to surf standing 

She’s 48” exactly and there is no way she’ll be 52” by April 13.    She’s a little dare devil but not particularly coordinated.  She would have tried twice and given up, but now it’s going to be this thing she’s mad she is not allowed to do because of her height.

20 minutes ago, LindaN said:

She’s 48” exactly and there is no way she’ll be 52” by April 13.    She’s a little dare devil but not particularly coordinated.  She would have tried twice and given up, but now it’s going to be this thing she’s mad she is not allowed to do because of her height.

We have the same problem. My youngest is 46 1/2" and was just able to ride all but the very biggest water slides at our water park this summer. We're hoping he grows an inch and a half over the spring and summer because his heart is set on riding the slides on Liberty in September. I can guarantee tears if he can't.

I just got my cruise documents and noticed my 7 year old will not be allowed on the zip line either because she’s not 75 lbs or 52”.  I’m beginning to think I should have picked a different boat than symphony, she loves zilplines and goes on them everywhere but I guess she can’t here.    Had I realized that I would have picked a ship with bumper cars and ifly because she loves those too.