Diet?

mworkman

17 minutes ago, bcarney said:

For me personally I find that most of the weight I gain on a cruise is water weight, due to the amount of salt used in the dishes (I normally don't consume a mot of salt).  Weigh yourself two days after the cruise and it won't be so bad.

Same experience - losing 5 lbs within the 48 hours of returning home from a cruise is pretty normal. 

On another cruise line in a past life I was doing traditional dining.  Dinner conversation inevitably came around to diet, food and cruise weight gain.  One woman proclaimed how she always loses 5-10 lbs. every time she cruises.

After several drinks courtesy of the drink package in my head I prepared to speak the words: "You must love going on cruises then".

The words that came out of my were: "You should go on more cruises then".  Mic drop.  

Even as the words were flowing out of my mouth I knew it was bad but I couldn't stop myself from finishing the sentence. 

Dinner wasn't the same for the rest of the cruise.

I swear I didn't mean to offend her.  

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, rjac said:

Now that's a major AMEN! But, you know.....your scale could be broken, just sayin'. :3_grin:

It's a FitBit scale, it tends to be pretty consistent!  I was down 1lb this morning, so I'm on the right track!  Pizza every night, Chef's Table and 150 Central Park were all SO worth it!  I have till May to drop it back off and then indulge again!

On 2/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, mworkman said:

If i'm a week away from sailing, should i start my diet now? Or is it too late??

Drink water, take vitamins, run five mile a day. No eating. You should lose between 10 and 15 lbs, or you could accept the fact that you are too late!