Royal App

Bob_KY

As a software developer, I can tell you that it’s a lot easier for a developer to ensure a good experience across versions of iPhone then it is android. There are so many builds of the android os  (every phone manufacturer can tweeek the OS) so a developer needs to specify what version that are targeting back to and because the manufacturers can make changes to the OS even specifying a target isn’t a guarantee of complete compatibility. 

If you have a version that’s more then a few back, it’s possible the developers didn’t take that version into account. You can see if your phone can take a more recent version of the android os to see if that improves the performance of the app. Or just get an iPhone ?

3 minutes ago, DaveSRQ said:

Can't seen to check in for my Navigator of the Seas trip.  Less than 90 days out. 

(Shows the reservation but faded out.)

I heard Navigator was added to the list of ships for the app about a week ago.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to the message boards!

While Navigator support was recently added to the app, I've noticed some weirdness.  One day I can access my Navigator booking and then an hour later I can't.  Right now I can.  

Try the regular things... uninstall app, reinstall app, log out, log in, etc.  

Not glad you are having issues too but good to hear I'm not the only one.  i have android phone too.  My Symphony cruise is 2 weeks away and it's definitely not accurate.  It states things like Laser Tag on a day I know it is not offered.  We have one Royal excursion booked, and all shows booked and none are listed on the app.  But yesterday I checked and noticed I had to sign in again. And then Hiro and Flight showed but Hairspray and the ice show did not.  And it doesn't list things like Quest, etc...whereas I've seen someone on facebook post a photo showing it.  So am guessing there are some bugs on android version.  

When on the ship, I actually don't plan on using it.  I carry a camera around not my phone, so plan on using the old fashioned paper compass (and I'll print out our show times)

On 2/22/2019 at 7:33 AM, WannaCruise said:

Not glad you are having issues too but good to hear I'm not the only one.  i have android phone too.  My Symphony cruise is 2 weeks away and it's definitely not accurate.  It states things like Laser Tag on a day I know it is not offered.  We have one Royal excursion booked, and all shows booked and none are listed on the app.  But yesterday I checked and noticed I had to sign in again. And then Hiro and Flight showed but Hairspray and the ice show did not.  And it doesn't list things like Quest, etc...whereas I've seen someone on facebook post a photo showing it.  So am guessing there are some bugs on android version.  

When on the ship, I actually don't plan on using it.  I carry a camera around not my phone, so plan on using the old fashioned paper compass (and I'll print out our show times)

Apple or android...I have heard the app isn’t really correct on times.  I am on allure so will really only bank on it for the texting!  Jane

8 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Apple or android...I have heard the app isn’t really correct on times.  I am on allure so will really only bank on it for the texting!  Jane

Thanks for confirming. Too bad.  I don't carry my phone on the ship anyways (and use the paper compass) but it's nice to see the schedule beforehand for coordinating dinner times and to get an idea of activities.  But...if they add texting, that may change things.  Enjoy Allure!

Just now, MindiLou said:

It says the app is free on board.  But how is it going to work if your phone is in airplane mode?

You can still connect to the ship's wifi in airplane mode. You won't be able to browse the internet unless you have a VOOM code (which can be either pre-purchased or purchased on board), but it will allow you to utilize the app while on board. 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:59 PM, packercruising said:

I uninstalled the app and started over. It works fine now, but looks basically worthless until you ger to within 4 months of the cruise date.

Our cruise is less than 4 months and the app is pretty much worthless.  Day 5 is missing, nothing much is loaded.

I can see all of my in-law's reservations in my calendar on the app, but none of mine.  It shows my own cruise confirmation number in my profile so I don't know why it's grabbing my in-law's shore excursions and dinner times instead of mine.  Anyone else having that issue with linked cruises in the app?  I reinstalled, logged in fresh, etc.  We're also less than a month out.

16 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Does anyone know when the app will be available on all ships? We used it on Adventure and it was very useful but it is not yet available on Radiance which is our next cruise.

Royal Caribbean has not issued any kind of schedule. Last I heard it was end of 2019 for the whole fleet, but not sure that's still the plan.