Ultimate Dining package but no sea days (Lunch included?)

Jedi Jason

So, I booked a 3 night Mariner Bahamas cruise for July 12.  We purchased the ultimate dining package on a cruise planner sale.  It was only $1 more than the 3 night specialty dining package when we purchased.  Since there aren't any true sea days for lunch specialty dining (which are included in the UDP on sea days), I was wondering if I might be able to get in for specialty dining for lunch on one or more days.  I have seen some cruise compasses that showed Jamie's being open for lunch on embarkation day and day 3 (Nassau).  Also, Chops is open day one lunch for some guests.  So does anyone have personal experience with this?  Also would Johnny Rockets be included in addition for a lunch or late night option in addition to other specialty dining or just one specialty dining per day?

Matt actually referenced this in the most recent podcast for Brilliance.  It cant hurt to ask.  Go in expecting the no but be delighted if they say yes (in regards to the embarkation lunch).  Simply state "I have the ultimate dining package, am I allowed to eat here for lunch" and see what they say.  Some may be very strict to their rules and say no, but some may be rule benders and say yes without hesitation.  

16 hours ago, Jedi Jason said:

So, I booked a 3 night Mariner Bahamas cruise for July 12.  We purchased the ultimate dining package on a cruise planner sale.  It was only $1 more than the 3 night specialty dining package when we purchased.  Since there aren't any true sea days for lunch specialty dining (which are included in the UDP on sea days), I was wondering if I might be able to get in for specialty dining for lunch on one or more days.  I have seen some cruise compasses that showed Jamie's being open for lunch on embarkation day and day 3 (Nassau).  Also, Chops is open day one lunch for some guests.  So does anyone have personal experience with this?  Also would Johnny Rockets be included in addition for a lunch or late night option in addition to other specialty dining or just one specialty dining per day?

I buy the Ultimate dining package for every sailing including 3 night Mariner sailings. They always let me use it for lunch on the First day as long as the restaurant is open. There was one time when oddly the restaurants weren't open for the first day.