Ovation suite question

zjennk

We (family of 5)booked an Alaska cruise on the Ovation for June 2020 in connecting balcony cabins.  We are traveling with my brother, sister-in-law and their 2 younger children who booked the Owners Loft Suite. Their 2 older children are in an interior cabin close by also.  I know that they have special perks because they booked that type of suite such as in room  specialty beverages and dining,  genie etc.  I am assuming that if we and their 2 older children want specialty dining or beverage package then we will just pay extra for it.  I know the Owners Loft Suite is big enough that we can all hang out but what happens when we want to eat a meal in their suite?  Do we just pay extra for our meals?  I am also assuming that we will not be able to sit with them at shows either unless they don't sit in their suite section?  thanks for the help.

Star Class benefits are only for those sailing in that particular stateroom. That is the official language from Royal. However; I know for a fact that some Genie’s will go the extra mile to save seats for non-SC guests who are travelling together. Should you count on this? No. Could it happen? Yes. 

If you dine with them in specialty, you just pay your part of the bill. If they let their Genie know that you are all part of a group, the genie will make the proper arrangements for you to eat together. I just found out recently that in room specialty dining can be ordered for everyone. So theoretically, you could all eat there (in the cabin). They will have beverages stocked in their room. What they choose to do with it is up to their discretion. For beverages around the ship, you would need your own package, or pay by the drink. 

13 hours ago, zjennk said:

I know the Owners Loft Suite is big enough that we can all hang out but what happens when we want to eat a meal in their suite?  Do we just pay extra for our meals

In my experience, the suite guests order whatever they want from their Genie and it doesn't matter who else they invite in, provided it does not borderline on abuse.  As an example, a Star Class guest invited me and my family to a meal in their suite and had no issue (or additional cost to me) to enjoy the food.

13 hours ago, zjennk said:

I am also assuming that we will not be able to sit with them at shows either unless they don't sit in their suite section?  thanks for the help.

Likely not. The reserved Star Class seating is for Star Class guests. They could certainly ask their Genie if you could take the seats if no other Star Class guests arrive.