Question on fixed dinner time!!!

sepalma23

Hi everyone!  My daughter and I are cruising May 11th on Rhapsody out of Barcelona. I booked our cruise on cruise.com because they had balcony rooms available and RC did not. Anyway when I booked the only option for dinner was 5:30, which is just too early. I just called RC and the rep told me that the My Time dining is closed and that my choices were 6:00 or 8:30. 6:00 is better, but still early and 8:30 is late!!  He said I would have to call cruise.com to change it. My question is, if we have the 6:00 dining, do we have to be at the MDR at 6:00 sharp or is 6:30 ok??  TIA!

For the regular seatings, it is expected that you show up as close to possible for your assigned seating time.  There is another table of people coming to sit at your table for the second seating, so by you delaying your meal, you may be delaying theirs as well as they can't sit until you're done.  Your wait staff will do their best to rush your meal but not sure that's the experience you want either.

There usually isn't a problem switching once you get on board.  Just go straight to the MDR when you board and see what they can do.