The Key price came down to original for my sailing...

SpeedNoodles

Not surprising. It’s hard to justify $32 a day whereas $25 is pushing it but reasonable on the OA/QA class ships. $20 is the number I would book without hesitation on larger ships. And this is coming from someone well versed in logic leaps to justify purchases in my head. 

Just now, spiralqueen said:

Not surprising. It’s hard to justify $32 a day whereas $25 is pushing it but reasonable on the OA/QA class ships. $20 is the number I would book without hesitation on larger ships. And this is coming from someone well versed in logic leaps to justify purchases in my head. 

I hear ya! I wish my husband was an internet junkie so I could justify it for our Ovation cruise.  

Mine shows the 24.99 with a 20% off banner in the corner.  We know those banner overlays are often wrong or missing but 20% does seem right from 32 to 25/day (close enough in rounding terms).

What i like is the royal refreshment on my cruise planner says 10% off and it is 20.00.  Yesterday it said 20% off and was 26.00

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

FWIW there is a new Cruise Planner sale that just started. Perhaps related to that. The way to know is after sale ends, if price jumps back up.

I took advantage of the deluxe beverage package for our upcoming cruise, dropped to $52 a day from $56 a day. Figured I'd better lock it in while it was there.

5 hours ago, marti314 said:

Mine shows the 24.99 with a 20% off banner in the corner.  We know those banner overlays are often wrong or missing but 20% does seem right from 32 to 25/day (close enough in rounding terms).

What i like is the royal refreshment on my cruise planner says 10% off and it is 20.00.  Yesterday it said 20% off and was 26.00

My Ultimate Dining Package was $199 3 days ago.  Now it has the sale banner on it and it's come down to the low, low, price of $199.  LOL

To me, the whole Key pricing scenario seems a bit like a pusher giving his users a discount until he gets them hooked and then jacks up the price to keep the supply coming.  They wanted to charge $24.99 all along but they had to get the hype up so they sold it cheap for a while.  Then, once the good word got out about how great it all was, they jacked up the price to an unreasonable level and then put it back “on sale” at the price they always targeted - $24.99.  It was a great deal for the few who got it at $19.99 but that didn’t last long.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

To me, the whole Key pricing scenario seems a bit like a pusher giving his users a discount until he gets them hooked and then jacks up the price to keep the supply coming.

Aaaaand now this sounds like a drug deal. ?

I think you're likely right though, along with maybe trying to push and see how much they could charge where people would still consider it "worth it" to pay the extra for it. I'm sure there are still SOME less obsessive cruisers that may have paid the $32.99 rate. 

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Dude.  Key on Vision class for $33?  Royal earned that snark.  

Wait.....did they jack it up that high on non-Oasis/Quantum classes too?????? I was under the impression the other classes stayed at $20 during the price surge. $33 on Oasis and Quantum is high but not completely absurd. $33 on other classes is delusional.